You may buy a carpet cleaner that does not work for the blood stain that you have and you may not know the best way to remove the blood stains.
Blood stains become much harder to be removed when they have dried. When you have a blood stain, start working on it as soon as possible to avoid any damages to your carpet. You may face a blood stain that is easy to remove and you may face a dry blood stain that requires a strong carpet cleaner and method. You also need to be patient to remove the stains properly. This guide will help you to choose the best carpet cleaner and the best method to remove the blood stains without causing damages to your carpet.
1. Fresh Blood:
Follow the following steps to remove fresh blood properly.
• Use a clean, white cloth or towel by Pressing down and lifting to remove as much fresh blood as you can. When the stain is large, start working on the edges and move towards the center in order not to prevent the blood from spreading.
• Rubbing will make the blood get more into the carpet fibers.
• Use cold water to spray the stain and leave it for few minutes.
• The usage of hot or even warm water will keep the blood stain permanently with the carpet fibers so never use it.
• You may absorb the moisture with a wet vacuum cleaner or a carpet extractor.
• Always use a white towel to make sure that you are doing fine.
• You can use salt paste to remove the stains too by mixing a bowl with cold water.
2. Dried Blood:
Use the following steps to remove dried blood properly.
• Before using any of the following treatments, use it on a hidden spot of the carpet in order to make sure that it will not damage your carpet especially if it is made of silk or wool. Leave the treatment for about 15 minutes then check the spot out. If it is damaged, consider hiring a professional carpet cleaning agents.
•To make the stain easier to be removed, brush it with a dull knife but this step is not recommended if you have a valuable carpet.
• Use unflavored meat tenderizer as this chemical breaks down proteins present in the blood stain which makes it easier to remove the blood stains. Never use flavored meat tenderizer as it can create new stain and break down fibers in wool or silk carpets as these kinds of carpets contain animal proteins.
3. General Tips:
These tips will avoid you many damages you may cause to your carpet.
• Hydrogen peroxide will lighten carpet fibers’ color in order to hide the stain so it is kind of dangerous when used with dark-colored carpets.
• Ammonia is great but it may discolor the carpet fibers.
• Enzyme carpet cleaners are great but you need to read the instructions well before using them.
• Use good air flow to dry the carpet after the usage of the carpet cleaner.
Always Preferred Restoration