When we discovered fire, we discovered also that there is something called fire damage. Throughout history, there were some fire damage accidents that caused a lot of damage and remained in the memory of history. Let’s see the worst fire damage accidents in History.
1. Boston (1872):
Let’s sum up what happened in the following points.
• This fire is significant because it made losses more than any fire in the whole American history. It is not as big as Chicago fire damage or San Francisco fire damage but these two fires did not cause damages as this one.
• The cause that the losses were so huge that the fire affected the downtown area and the financial districts. Hundreds of businesses were destroyed and thousands of Bostonians lost their jobs.
• Insurance companies bankrupted as they were not able to pay for the losses.
• The fire department of the city was out of service so the fire was not controlled until it made these terrible losses.
• The statics said that 776 buildings, 20 people and 65 acres of the downtown area were destroyed.
2. London (1666):
The following points will tell you everything you need to know about this fire.
• London was burnt many times as it was basically wooden constructed and its design was so poor.
• The fire started when a maid forgot to put down the fire in a baker’s shop.
• This fire has a kind of black sarcasm as it is not considered a bad fire accident; actually it made a favor for London.
• London suffered from the plague and this fire sterilized the city somehow. Of course, people didn’t see it this way when the fire was on but when they re-built the city, they discovered that.
3. Chicago (1871):
Chicago now has the best fire department in the whole world and the reason is that fire in 1871. The fire damage that destroyed about 17,000 buildings and left about 90,000 homeless started in October 1871 but it was slow enough that only 300 people died which is a small number when it is compared with the severity of the fire. The main problem was that the homeless people faced a cruel winter without a shelter. There are many stories that describe how this fire started including the cow of the poor woman which kicked over a lantern yet the true story is that a transient smoking in the barn was the cause.
This fire inspired the people of Chicago to make their city great again so the people gathered together and built the city that we are all proud of now. The fire department is one of the fastest and largest in the whole world.
These three fire damage accidents are considered the worst in history. There are also some fire accidents that are remarkable like London (1212), San Francisco (1906), Peshtigo, Wisconsin (1871), Texas City, Texas (1947), Halifax, Nova Scotia (1917), and Tokyo, Japan (1923). We invented fire departments to control fires but we also invented more modern ways to cause fires.
Always Preferred Restoration and Janitorial