Always Preferred Restoration offers many services including housecleaning services. We provide this guide for agencies that want to specialize in housecleaning services.
When you start your janitorial services agency, you may not specialize in a certain aspect of cleaning but you can also specialize in a certain aspect; we are about to discuss Housecleaning. You have to register your housecleaning business in order to be able to get a business license and an insurance bond.
Housecleaning services as part of janitorial services don't need to be licensed and bonded except when they make business with the local government or major corporations. So the license and the bond are not really necessary yet having them gives you many advantages when marketing for new customers. These potential customers will trust you more when they know that your janitorial services business took more steps to protect their belongings.
Here are the steps you should follow.
1. The Housecleaning license:
The following points will tell you all the information that you need to know.
• You don’t need to have a specific license to be a housecleaner; this business is not like working in some kind of regulated trades like being an electrician or something. The license refers to registration of the business entity with the state laws; that what will allow you to start your business legally so it is called a business license.
• Most of the housecleaning services don’t need any other special licenses or permits to do their daily tasks.
• If your business regularly deals with cleaning product disposal, you should obtain a permit from the council of the city especially services like mobile power washing and exterior cosmetic cleaning specialties. The agents of these specialties are protected and regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. The Business License:
The following points will tell you everything you need to know.
• Business licenses are required if you register your business with the state.
• A solo housecleaning business could be registered with the county clerk under the name sole proprietor, "doing business as" the company name.
• The DBA allows you to advertise and operate as the business name but it will also follow your personal tax identification number in order to monitor all your tax purposes.
• Separation between your business and your personal assets is the better and will reduce liability.
• If your company faces a lawsuit, your business assets and personal assets will not be considered interchangeable so register for a limited liability company or corporation and it is better if you did that through the state secretary.
• You will have a file for a federal employer identification number after registration.
Always Preferred, the famous water damage restoration business in Montana, offers its customers and the people of Montana this guide in order to make them understand well the relation between insurance policies and water damage. Insurance is what will guarantee that your properties will be covered in case you suffered from an accident. Water damage insurance policies are not as simple as they may appear; that is why this guide will tell you specific information about water damage insurance policies.
1. Water Damage Policies and Flood Damage Policies are Different:
Not all damages caused by water are the same. Water damages made by floods are different from any other type of water damages.
• Flood damages are not covered by regular insurance policies. They are specific policies tailored for floods. The flood damages insurance policies are called the National Flood Insurance Policy (NFIP) and they are offered to the people who live in areas that may experience the risk of floods.
• The flood damages insurance policies cover the damages completely. It is not like the policies that cover damages like bursting pipes or leaking roof.
2. Some Damages are Not Covered At All:
There are some situations where the insurance policies do not work. If the damage is because you didn’t maintain your property well and the company may use this against you to avoid paying for the damages. If you noticed any kind of damages, just fix it as soon as possible to avoid further damages.
Note that the insurance company sends experts to examine your damages so they will find out any kind of tricks you may play.
3. Water Pollution Levels:
There are 3 levels of water pollution.
• The first level which is the damage because of clean water resources. It is the easiest level to be repaired because the water is not contaminated.
• The second level is when the water is contaminated. Fresh water contaminates after a while and may cause diseases.
• The third level is when the water is highly contaminated. The sources may be already contaminated or when fresh water stays for longer time. This water is considered a bio hazard that needs immediate action.
The levels of water pollution are important because according to them, the time and the price of water damage restoration services will be determined and subsequently the amount of money that the insurance company may pay.
Carpet cleaning services are among the common businesses that most people think of it when they want to open a good business with good income. As any business, carpet cleaning services need a clear plan and most people already apply the plan well regarding buying the equipment and advertising their business but they still fall in some mistakes that make the business run slowly.
Most carpet cleaning services owners ask about what they have done wrong and here are some of the most common mistakes that most carpet cleaning services owners fall in.
1. Failure to handle the financial situation:
When an owner of the carpet cleaning services business consults a financial expert, the expert asks him/her three questions which are
• Do you track your incomes and losses?
• Are you able to create a budget?
• Do you have an estimated budget?
Unfortunately most of the business owners have no idea about these questions.
The financial experts say the problem mainly is not the money but it is that the owners do not know the definition of the word budget and do not know how to adhere to it.
The perfect solution in this case is that the owner of the business hires a certified public accountant which will take a good care of the whole financial situation of the business including handling the incomes and losses situation to make the business succeed. That is also about make the proper amount of money.
2. Merging personal and business accounts:
One of the most common mistakes that carpet cleaning services owners do is to merge their personal and business accounts together. They think that the business is too small to open a separate account for it and that is the mistake.
You need to follow the following rules in order to maintain the finances of the business separated from your personal finances.
• Don’t use the business money for your personal purchases and don’t let your wife to use the business money too if she works with you. Keep the business money away from your personal life and live on the profits of the business.
• Follow the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) instructions regarding the separation between your finances and the business money.
3. The taxes:
The taxes system for the small businesses is simpler than for Major Corporation for example. The tax system will estimate the amount of that you should pay then you should deposit it and of course the estimated amount of money is based on your financial situation so don’t try to manipulate with the taxes system because at the end, the government will catch you.
Delaying the payment leads to serious consequences which will lead to large fines or even time in jail.
Pay your taxes regularly and don’t get in troubles.
The need of stain remover when your pen leaks in your pocket or your sleeves are wiped on ink that was about to dry is ultimate. If you decided to forget about it and just wash your shirt as regular, the stain will be permanent and this shirt will be technically not wearable especially if the shirt is cotton.
This guide will tell you how to deal with the ball point pen stains especially with cotton shirts and the mechanism through which stain remover works as a spot treatment and dissolve the stain.
Let’s see how stain remover works.
1. The Ink Type:
Not all pens are the same and traditional pens are not the only ones available nowadays so you need to know what type of ink that stains your shirt in order to know the best way to make the stain remover work as a spot treatment.
• Traditional ballpoint pens have a fast-drying, oil-based ink. To remove this type of ink you will need a solvent.
• Rollerball pens have water-based inks which are easily to be removed.
• Gel pens have a highly-pigmented type of ink that is difficult to be removed by ordinary ways.
Discover the type of the pen to know exactly which type it is as you will not be able to determine the best way to deal with the stain without determining the type of the ink.
2. How to deal with ballpoint stains?
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• The most suitable stain remover in this case is ethanol or ethyl alcohol which is basically a component of many home products.
• Place a towel or a napkin on the stain when you spray it with the stain remover to give the stain a place to be removed to. Don’t try to the rub the towel or the napkin against the shirt in order not to spread the stain.
• Apply the alcohol to the stain. Note that if you are going to use a wipe, you will need to blot the fabric firmly in order to squeeze the solvent into the stain. Wiping the fabric gives you another option which is putting a heavy item over it and wait for several minutes until the stain remover works.
3. How to deal with rollerball Pen stains?
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• Soak the stained part into milk for about 30 minutes then rinse it with warm water and try to rub it with an old toothbrush.
• The best spot treatment for the remaining stain is the powdered colour-safe bleach. Mix the spot treatment with an amount of water to form a paste then apply it to the stain.
• Repeat the soaking and the spot treatment steps until you get the best results.
4. How to deal with Gel Pen Stain?
Follow the following steps to remove this type of ink.
• Wash it with soap or regular detergent immediately. They both work as a sport treatment.
• Treat the stain with ammonia or vinegar solution for the best results.
One of the most terrifying disasters is fire damage. Humans are afraid of the damages that the flames can make since the discovery of it. In our modern age, fire damages can lead to terrible losses. That is why we created the fire damage restoration services. These services are responsible for getting everything back as it was before the damage.
As any service, there is a lot of information that you need to be aware of before hiring a fire damage restoration service. Not all the information that you will discover will be true. Any industry or service has a lot of myths that you should not believe so let’s discover the most common myths regarding fire damages that you should not either believe not spread.
1. Smoke detectors are enough protection:
Smoke detectors are essential to protect your place against fire damage but it is not the only item that you should have. There are three items that work together; smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
• Smoke detectors should have well charged batteries all the time and should be properly installed to be a part of the system. If you depend on the smoke detector only and something goes wrong with the installment, the disaster can occur.
• Fire extinguishers can save the situation if it gets more complicated. Put it in an easy to reach place for everyone. Many accidents didn’t turn into disasters because of fire extinguishers. It is an inexpensive essential item.
• The sprinkler system will be the third part of your fire system to make sure that your place is completely safe.
2. Sprinklers cause more damage than the fire:
That is obviously a silly myth. Sprinkler systems have the following advantages.
• The sprinkler system can spread from 8 gallons of water to 24 gallons per minute. This means that it can control the whole fire by itself.
• Statically, flames that happen in places that have sprinkler system cause less destruction than flames that emerge in place with no sprinkler system. These are the insurance company’s statics so they are totally true.
• Even if the fire is uncontrollable, the sprinkler system will make survival easier.
Install a sprinkler and gain peace of mind. You can even make that homeowner insurance company pays for its installment.
3. Electrical faults are the common causes of fire:
This is a very common myth. I know that we fear electrical malfunctions a lot and yes, they can cause terrible damages but they are number one cause of fires. Heating is in the first cause worldwide. Cooking is the second cause of all over the world. Electrical faults come in the third place causing about 6% of the fire damages in the whole world.
Cleaning is an essential service in our world. It is one of the growing businesses despite that fact that most industries are still suffering from the financial crisis. It kept growing over the previous years at a good rate comparing to other industries and continues this growth until 2017. Trends affect the industries even if they are small. Let’s see the top trends regarding cleaning services.
1. Performance of cleaning products:
The high quality and fast services are the top trends these days. The performance of products is essential in the industry. The following points are the features of the perfect products.
• They should be time-consuming. The task should be done quickly and with very high quality.
• Some companies use the latest technological updates to increase the performance of their cleaning products.
• Some companies use natural products to make their chemicals ecofriendly.
• The good product makes itself a brand. The reputable brands are mostly the best products in the market.
• The cost of the products should vary. While some users may prefer the expensive products, others need the cheap products too. Of course the performance will be different but the good company should offer a minimum quality for all its products.
The following statics regarding the cleaning services will show you the growth of the industry.
• Studies show that the cleaning industry is expected to grow at 4.3 between 2015 and 2020. The growth rate from 2010 to 2014 was 2.7.
• There are more than 800,000 cleaning agencies in the United States only.
• The services can be divided into smaller sectors. Standard commercial services are the most common type of services with more than 75% of the industry. The residential services are about 7% of the whole industry. The damage restoration services like water damage restoration services and fire damage restoration services are about 5% of the whole industry. Other various services are about 10% of the market.
• Studies show that the number of agencies is expected to increase by 1.8% every year.
3. Environment and health issues:
This industry is kind of harmful to our environment and health due to several reasons.
• The production process of products, the manufacture process and the disposal process affect our environment badly especially on our energy consumption and water consumption. The companies are searching for alternative ways to lower the bad effects.
• The eco-friendly products are the upcoming trend in the industry especially in Europe. Most of the European countries have put strict legalisation to limit the environmental and health damages resulting from the whole process.
• The health issues are a serious problem. Many chemical are proved to be dangerous to our health especially our kids. A lot of toxic substances are used in the products that cause skin and respiratory problems. The health standards are also a trend in the industry.
If you are an owner of a company, you may think of hiring a janitorial services agency as extra money that you can save and spend on something else. Let me tell you that you are wrong. Your company needs to look professional and the cleaning service is just what makes companies look professional.
If you are not convinced yet, look at the quality of services provided to you by a janitorial services agency and the quality of services provided to you by a cleaner. You will find a huge difference between both of them so now imagine how this may influence the decisions of your clients. They will look at the quality of the janitorial services agency and say “this company is really professional”. There are more benefits of hiring a janitorial services agency; let’s discover them.
1. The quality of the services:
You can guarantee the quality of the services through two ways.
• These agencies spend a lot of time and money to train their people professionally. They have standards regarding the level of cleanliness they offer and they do their best to maintain it. The health and hygiene standards will be completely maintained.
• They will send their professional team immediately and if you have a long term contract with the agency, they will send their teams regularly so you now can forget about all the cleaning problems. Also if you need your company to be cleaned immediately in case of emergency like a high profile client is going to visit, they can send you a team immediately.
2. Focus on the business:
When you hire a janitorial services agency to handle the cleaning process of your company, the quality of work of your company will be better due to three reasons.
• As a business owner, you will forget about the cleaning problem and focus on how to run your business properly.
• Your employees will not be distracted by the whole cleaning process. The janitorial services agents are professional enough and highly trained to work in silence and as fast as they could. They know that a slight mistake that may be made by an employee may cause a major problem.
• The cleaner can do the job he/she is hired for. You didn’t hire him/her because of his/her cleaning skills so he/she can get back to their jobs now and focus on it.
3. Save your money and your environment:
How can you save money and save your environment by hiring a janitorial services agency?
• Save your money by hiring professionals to keep your place look great instead of spending your money on equipment, uniforms and employees who don’t have experience. You will pay the agency but you will make your company look great for clients who will pay you money. It is a win-win situation.
• Save your environment by hiring an ecofriendly agency that use certified ecofriendly products and machines to clean your place.
One of the most effective ways to clean your carpet properly is to use a steam cleaner. Steam cleaning will get your carpet as clean as if you just bought it but in order to get these great results, you need to know how to use the steam cleaner properly. Basically you will need a steam cleaner machine, water and carpet shampooer. So now let’s find out the steps of how to use the steam cleaner properly.
1. Prepare the area you are going to clean:
To be able to use the steam cleaner machine well, you need to remove everything from the area that you are about to clean; remove any piece of furniture and here are some tips for the different situations regarding removing the furniture.
• Put wood blocks or plastic film under the legs of heavy furniture if you can’t move them not to be affected badly by the water and the carpet shampooer.
• If you don’t have space where you can move the furniture, move it to the half of the room them clean the empty half then move the furniture to the area that you cleaned and clean the other half. Be careful and don’t let the water or the carpet shampooer touch the furniture.
• Clean the room well from the dust. Clean the ceiling fans and corners too.
2. Prepare the steam cleaner:
Follow the following steps to fill it.
• Despite the fact that most steam cleaners can heat the water on its own, using the hot water to fill the machine is better.
• Fill the machine with the suitable carpet shampooer.
• Some machines have different compartments for the water and the carpet shampooer and the others just mix the water and the carpet shampooer together.
• Add an extra chemical like vinegar for the best results.
3. The process of steam cleaning:
Now let’s find out how to clean your carpet properly.
• Begin the cleaning process from a corner of the carpet. It is better if you start from the corner at the entrance. Move according to the type of the cleaner.
• The instructions of how to use the steam cleaner are extremely important as the mechanism of cleaning is different according to the type of the steam cleaner.
• Don’t walk over the areas that you have cleaned.
• The best way to clean well is to follow the long lines technique. Clean from wall to wall in a long line and then start a new line with slight overlapping over the old line to make sure that all the carpet will be cleaned.
Water damage is serious. It is not only about the fact that it is disastrous and will destroy nearly everything but also that it will take a long time before everything gets back like it was before the damage. There are a lot of myths regarding water damage that may slow the process of getting your properties back as it was. The following myths are so common and you should not believe them.
1. Myths regarding insurance:
There are two myths regarding insurance policies and water damages.
• The first myth is that you must call your insurance company first thing after the disaster and arrange the situation. The first thing that you need to take care of immediately after the disaster is to remove the standing water then call a restoration services agency. This way you will prevent any secondary damages that may occur like mold.
• The second myth is that your insurance company will cover any type of water damages. Your insurance company will only cover damages that happen suddenly not including floods and any damages that are proved to be because you didn’t take care of a long-term problem like leakage problems.
2. You don’t need a professional restoration services agency:
Many people think that they can handle the situation by themselves and eliminate the water from their place completely. This is a myth and will cause terrible secondary damages. The restoration services agents know how to deals with certain problems.
• The water damage restoration services will be able to reach water in cracks and remove it completely. This water will lead to mold production if it is not removed properly.
• If there is any mold, the restoration services will discover and remove it completely.
• The insurance company will need reports from professionals to estimate the amount of money that the company will pay. The restoration services agents work along with the insurance agents.
3. Once the water is removed, the mission is completed:
This is a myth. The water damage may show its complications after several weeks or months. Things like unstable flooring and discoloration of painting don’t appear immediately. They will show bigger problems regarding the structure of your property. Hiring a restoration services agency will help you in assessing the structural situation properly.
4. Renting the equipment that professionals use will solve the problem:
This is a common myth. Renting the equipment will make you clean your place but you still need professional help to reach the places that you will not able to reach, avoid your secondary damages and help you with the insurance policy. In our modern age, we love specialties. We created this restoration services to buy peace of mind that whatever the extent of damages, we have professionals that will handle everything.
If you are looking for the best upholstery and carpet cleaning machines, this guide will help you. It is essential now to have a cleaning machine instead of kneeling to get your carpet clean for several hours. The machine works faster, easier and more efficient. There are many features that should be considered when you are about to choose your cleaning machine. This guide will tell you the best cleaning machines to choose the most suitable one for you.
1. SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge:
This carpet cleaner machine has great features. The following features make it very special.
• In order to control the areas of heavy traffic, the machine is provided with extra detergent through the fingertip control.
• It has a dual tank system. One tank is for the dirty water and the other tank is for the cleaning solution.
• The brush roll system has three speeds. This enables you to have control over the high traffic areas.
• The motor is so powerful. This will enable you to get your floor clean completely.
• In order to dry your floor and carpet rapidly, there is a hot air blowing system.
2. Bissell Power Lifter Power Brush Upright Deep Cleaner:
This carpet cleaner machine has great features. The following features make it.
• It has rotating brush system. It will enable you to scrub and lift dirt and stains.
• It has dual tank system.
It has many great features but it has no additional attachments. It is effective though.
3. Bissell Big Green Professional Grade Deep Cleaner:
This cleaner is giant with many great customer reviews. It has the following advantages.
• Its brush system is so powerful so it will be able to clean any amount of dirt. It is mostly obtained by people who have pets as it can get the pet’s hair out of the upholstery and the carpets.
• It cleans in the two directions; backwards and forwards. This will make the cleaning time less than usual.
• It has a long hose to enable you to reach difficult places.
• It has an indicator to tell you that you need to empty and refill the tanks of the cleaner.
The previous features are great but it is actually heavy and not affordable so it is considered not the first option for many customers.
The previous carpet and upholstery cleaning machines have the greatest customer reviews and are highly recommended by professional cleaning companies.
Always Preferred Restoration