Always Preferred, the famous water damage restoration business in Montana, offers its customers and the people of Montana this guide in order to make them understand well the relation between insurance policies and water damage. Insurance is what will guarantee that your properties will be covered in case you suffered from an accident. Water damage insurance policies are not as simple as they may appear; that is why this guide will tell you specific information about water damage insurance policies.
1. Water Damage Policies and Flood Damage Policies are Different:
Not all damages caused by water are the same. Water damages made by floods are different from any other type of water damages.
• Flood damages are not covered by regular insurance policies. They are specific policies tailored for floods. The flood damages insurance policies are called the National Flood Insurance Policy (NFIP) and they are offered to the people who live in areas that may experience the risk of floods.
• The flood damages insurance policies cover the damages completely. It is not like the policies that cover damages like bursting pipes or leaking roof.
2. Some Damages are Not Covered At All:
There are some situations where the insurance policies do not work. If the damage is because you didn’t maintain your property well and the company may use this against you to avoid paying for the damages. If you noticed any kind of damages, just fix it as soon as possible to avoid further damages.
Note that the insurance company sends experts to examine your damages so they will find out any kind of tricks you may play.
3. Water Pollution Levels:
There are 3 levels of water pollution.
• The first level which is the damage because of clean water resources. It is the easiest level to be repaired because the water is not contaminated.
• The second level is when the water is contaminated. Fresh water contaminates after a while and may cause diseases.
• The third level is when the water is highly contaminated. The sources may be already contaminated or when fresh water stays for longer time. This water is considered a bio hazard that needs immediate action.
The levels of water pollution are important because according to them, the time and the price of water damage restoration services will be determined and subsequently the amount of money that the insurance company may pay.
Always Preferred Restoration