Choosing the best upholstery cleaner is always a problem that needs to be solved through a clear guide. Steam is one of the common methods used as an upholstery cleaner, yet it is not that easy to use it. Steam is used for many cleaning applications and it has the ability to clean delicate upholstery and fabric furniture. Steam as an upholstery cleaner may be the most effective tool you will ever use. In fact, it removes stains and spots, sanitizes every possible surface, eradicates allergens, and kills bacteria, viruses, dust mites, bedbugs, mold and most of the pathogens. Here is how to use steam as upholstery cleaner.
1. Preparing your upholstery:
Follow the following steps to prepare your upholstery.
• Vacuum your upholstery to clean any dirt, dust, trash or pet hair.
• The previous step is essential because some of these things can make your carpet even dirtier if not cleaned first.
• If there are any pillows, remove and vacuum them well.
• Vacuum the furniture’s back well as there is always leftover trash and crumbs that may mess up the whole cleaning process.
• Treat the stains if there are any. Spray them with upholstery cleaner and Let the cleaner set so to break down the stain.
• Leave the cleaner for about 5 minutes than blot it with a soft cloth.
• Precondition the fabric before steam cleaning it.
• The emulsifier and shampoo will get out of the upholstery when you steam clean it.
• Make sure that the fabric can withstand the water.
2. Cleaning the Upholstery:
Follow the following steps to clean your upholstery.
• Choose the right steam cleaner as there are many kinds of them.
• The most perfect steam cleaners for upholstery are upholstery steam cleaners, fabric steam cleaners, and handheld steam cleaners.
• The upholstery steam cleaner is manufactured for this purpose, fabric steam cleaners are manufactured to clean fabric, and handheld cleaners are manufactured for small, tight surfaces.
• The cleaners are preferred to be handheld or have detachable wands or hoses.
• The standard to pick up a cleaner is that you can work better with it on your particular surface.
• Avoid large carpet steam cleaners as they are too bulky. They also don't have fabric cleaning attachments so they will not work on your upholstery properly.
• Rent the best upholstery cleaner if you don’t have it.
3. General Tips:
These tips are essential to clean the upholstery properly.
• Follow the instructions of the usage of the steam cleaner in order to prepare it well.
• It is better if you used water and soap separated than using them together within the steam cleaner.
• Start with the cushions. It is better to clean the sides first then moving towards the center.
• Steam the rest of the upholstery.
• If you noticed a spot, don’t wait until the upholstery dry out and clean it once you notice it.
• Let the furniture dry out. Use a fan to speed up the drying process.
• If you noticed a discoloration or you are not convinced with the cleaning, repeat the whole process again.
This article sponsored by: AN Fittings Direct
Always Preferred Restoration