One of the most challenging things to do is maintaining your carpet cleaning especially when there are kids and pets. Your carpet will get dirty; that is inevitable. Your pets and kids will have a major role in this but the adults too will damage your floor through spilling drinks and dropping foods.
If you want to keep your carpet clean but without the usage of harmful chemical production, the following tips may help you to achieve this. It is simple, cost effective and safer than using harmful chemicals.
• Have an outdoor welcome mat. Your guests will wipe their feet so the welcome mat will capture a great amount of the dirt and the debris.
The first 10 feet of the interior of the house should be covered by washable rugs to keep the carpets away from any kind of dirt that clings to shoes.
• It is better if you are able to build a shoe station. In some areas, it is known that people should remove their shoes before entering the house in order to keep it clean. The shoe station will help you to implant this habit in your home too.
• Every home is different but there is one common thing between all houses when it comes to carpet cleaning; it is that there are common placed where messes occur. Determine where the danger zones in your home are and keep them safe. Areas like around the coffee table or where your kids play. Cover these areas with rugs or plastic floor covers.
• Every home has the main ingredients used to clean stains out of the carpets so the following methods are totally eco-friendly.
Baking soda and vinegar is a good combination. Put baking soda on the stain then put white vinegar on the baking soda and wait about 15 minutes until bubbles appear. Vacuum the area or use a piece of cloth and run the area.
Wool carpets can be cleaned with snow. The weather can clean your floors well if it is a soiled wool carpet or rug. If there is snowfall, leave your rug outside for about half an hour until it is covered with snow. Use clean shoes and walk over it to let the fibers be infused with snow. Finally brush the snow from the rug.
Natural oils and freezing temperatures will get your carpet as clean as if it is new.
Many grocery stores have eco-friendly carpet cleaning products so it is better to use them instead of using other chemicals.
• Stairs and stains are painful to be cleaned. The flooring may get very dirty and eventually they will be worn out.
Move away the carpet runner by about half a step then lift the carpet that covers the stairs gently. Use the half step that you have spaced to move it either up or down the stairs.
Reattach the carpet gently. Now, you have the worn areas occupying the stairs vertical space which will make them less noticeable.
Always Preferred Restoration