Getting rid of bad smells is an essential part of carpet cleaning but it is not that easy. There are different kinds of smells and each smell has a certain guide that you should follow to get rid of it. When your carpet has a bad odor that does not mean that it needs to be replaced, it just needs to be cleaned in a specific way. We all love our soft carpets but when they become dirty and smell bad, we want to get rid of them as soon as possible. Here is how you can get bad smells out of your carpet using household products.
1. How to deal with general odors:
Here are few tips you should follow to deal with general odors.
• You need to deal with solid areas but before doing this, remove any dried on spills, dap soap on any noticeable spills and blot away wetness. This step is essential as you want your carpet to be in its best state before treating the odor.
• Use baking soda to neutralize the smells trapped in your carpet. You may need a large box of baking soda as you will have to create a thin coat of it.
• Sometimes baking soda does not work so make a homemade cleaning solution using 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of liquid soap, and 1 liter of water.
• Spraying is the best way but you need to wear gloves while spraying and while the whole process of carpet cleaning too.
2. Smoke Odors:
Here is how to get rid of smoke odors.
• You will need 2-3 bowls of white vinegar or ammonia. You should leave enough room on the top of the bowl in order not to slosh over the sides. Keep the bowl out of the room with the carpet. The smoke odor will not be completely removed but it will refresh the smell of the room and the carpet. The mixture of white vinegar and ammonia will create a toxic gas; it will not create a more powerful mixture as some people think.
• leave the ammonia or the white vinegar to sit for 24-48 hours. Keep your pets and kids away from the room during this period.
• Use baking soda as we mentioned before.
• Use white vinegar into a steam cleaner as it is a powerful acidic carpet cleaning solution that will kill any bacteria.
3. Pet Smells:
Here is how to deal with pet smells.
• Any remaining wetness should be soaked up using a paper towel to clean the urine spot. If the spot is dry, use clean water and a paper towel to clean the spot.
• The best solution to use is green dish detergent using a soapy towel to clean the area.
• The usage of baking soda is essential too. Allow it to sit for 24-48 hours.
• White vinegar is effective too and you can apply it over the baking soda.
These tips are essential in the carpet cleaning industry. Carpet cleaning experts recommend that you search for a guide for dealing with each specific odor before applying any carpet cleaner.
Choosing the right carpet cleaner to clean wine spots is always a problem. There are certain spots that you don’t know how to deal with them without a guide to tell you the best carpet cleaner to use and the best methods to apply; wine spots are among them. The following tips will tell you the best ways to easily remove the wine spots easily with normal ingredients.
1. The Basic Steps:
• You need to immediately blot up the spilled wine as the longer it in your carpet, the harder it will be to remove. Once you notice the spots, act fast; grab a paper towel and blot the stain. Pick up as much wine as possible.
• Up-and-down blotting motion is the best to use as side-to-side rubbing is not that effective.
• Rubbing will sit some of the wine in the carpet making it harder to be removed. It will also make the wine spot larger so moving from outside to the center prevent the spot from getting larger.
• Apply cold water on the spot and keep blotting.
• When it is difficult to blot anymore, keep diluting the wine with cold water to make it easier to be removed.
2. The Usage of Salt:
The following steps will show you how to use salt as a carpet cleaner.
• While the stain is wet, pour salt over it while it's still wet. If you did a good dabbing job, you will take almost all the wine out of the carpet, but of course not the whole spot.
• After the first step, there will be some of the wine in the carpet that you can remove by covering the stain with a generous portion of salt.
• The salt granules work by drawing the moisture that you made in the stain out of the carpet. It may take hours.
• So the salt works by drawing the moisture of the stain, It does not work well for dried stains so you need to keep the stain wet before removing it out of the carpet.
3. The Usage of Vinegar Solution:
Follow the following steps to use vinegar solution as a carpet cleaner.
• Make the cleaning solution using a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of dishwashing liquid, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 2 cups (236 milliliters) of warm water. Combine them together and you will have your solution.
• The vinegar used should be white vinegar as the other types like apple cider or balsamic vinegar can cause more stains.
• The stain should be dampened by the solution in order to loosen the stain.
• Repeat these steps until the carpet is clean.
• The stain should be dampened by cold water. It is a process of diluting then getting the wine out of the carpet until you remove it completely.
These are how to use two effective carpet cleaners to make your carpet clean when you have wine spots. Follow the steps well and if the carpet is still not clean, you may think of hiring a professional help.
Always Preferred Restoration