In order to understand water damage restoration well, you need to understand its definition, categories, classes and restoration. It is one of the essential industries nowadays as it may cause severe damages that cost millions of dollars. Let’s start with the definition of water damage restoration and go through the rest of all the details.
• The definition of water damage restoration:
Water damage restoration is defined as the losses that result from water; it may reach millions of dollars. The damages don’t just result from water but they also result from rotting of wood, rusting of steel and many other forms of damages.
There are three categories of water damage:
1. Category 1:
This category includes the sources of water that do not have any threats to humans which are known as sources of clean water. Examples of these sources are the water supply lines when they break, a tub or sink when they overflow, and the malfunctions of appliance that also include the lines of water supply.
2. Category 2:
This category includes the sources of water that have a degree of contaminants that can be chemical, physical or biological. This water is known as the grey water and it causes sickness or discomfort when living creatures consume or expose themselves to it as it has harmful micro-organisms and the nutrients that are consumed by these micro-organisms.
3. Category 3:
This category includes unsanitary agents, harmful bacteria and fungi which cause severe discomfort or sickness which is known as black water.
• What is the difference between Category 2 and Category 3?
1. Category 2:
This includes the water that is not properly removed from buildings and still not stagnant.
2. Category 3:
This includes the black water in addition to the stagnant water of the second category.
How can you determine the class of water damage? Well, this is determined by the evaporation rate which is based on the types of the affected materials, the wetness, and whether the water is in a room or an open space. Restoration services consider damage class determination as the first step to be able to repair the damages well.
1. Class 1:
• Slow evaporation rate.
• Water affects only a part of a room
• Materials have a low porosity and a little moisture is absorbed by them.
2. Class 2:
• Fast evaporation rate.
• Water affects the whole room, carpet and furniture.
• Water reaches the walls, but less than 24 inches.
3. Class 3:
• Fastest evaporation rate.
• Water comes from overhead and it affects the whole place; walls, ceilings, insulation, furniture, etc.
4. Class 4:
• This is specific for Drying Situations. Drying needs low humidity to accomplish it.
The restoration process varies from simple to complex according to the severity of water damage so categories and classes are essential and help the restoration agents to repair everything properly. Find out the best water damage restoration service that use the best equipment and know what exactly how to deal with your specific situation. It is better if you asked for recommendations from people who passed through what you are experiencing.
When you start your janitorial services agency, you may not specialize in a certain aspect of cleaning but you can also specialize in a certain aspect; we are about to discuss housecleaning. You have to register your housecleaning business in order to be able to get a business license and an insurance bond. Housecleaning services as part of janitorial services don't need to be licensed and bonded except when they make business with the local government or major corporations. So the license and the bond are not really necessary yet having them gives you many advantages when marketing for new customers. These potential customers will trust you more when they know that your janitorial services business took more steps to protect their belongings.
Here are the steps you should follow.
1. The Housecleaning license:
The following points will tell you all the information that you need to know.
• You don’t need to have a specific license to be a house cleaner; this business is not like working in some kind of regulated trades like being an electrician or something. The license refers to registration of the business entity with the state laws; that what will allow you to start your business legally so it is called a business license.
• Most of the house cleaning services don’t need any other special licenses or permits to do their daily tasks.
• If your business regularly deals with cleaning product disposal, you should obtain a permit from the council of the city especially services like mobile power washing and exterior cosmetic cleaning specialties. The agents of these specialties are protected and regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. The Business License:
The following points will tell you everything you need to know.
• Business licenses are required if you register your business with the state.
• A solo housecleaning business could be registered with the county clerk under the name sole proprietor, "doing business as" the company name.
• The DBA allows you to advertise and operate as the business name but it will also follow your personal tax identification number in order to monitor all your tax purposes.
• Separation between your business and your personal assets is the better and will reduce liability.
• If your company faces a lawsuit, your business assets and personal assets will not be considered interchangeable so register for a limited liability company or corporation and it is better if you did that through the state secretary.
• You will have a file for a federal employer identification number after registration.
3. The Business Bond:
This is something offered by insurance and bond companies that you should call your insurance agent to understand it well if you don’t know where to begin. It is not like traditional insurance policies but it is kind of necessary for janitorial services. If something happened to your janitorial services business, the company will pay for the losses while you move forward. It is not as expensive as the regular insurance policies but of course it does not pay as much as the insurance policy.
Always Preferred Restoration