Carpet cleaning can be so easy if you know exactly what to do regarding different situations. Things like the best carpet cleaner for certain stains, how to make a homemade carpet cleaner, how to find the best carpet cleaning agency and the secrets of carpet cleaning need a guide to help the non-professional people who face such problems and want to clean their carpets without paying a lot of money.
This guide will teach you how to deal with one of the most annoying problems which is fleas. When fleas invade carpets, it is so hard to get them out just by regular cleaning so let’s see how to get rid of them professionally.
1. Getting rid of fleas chemically:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet out of fleas chemically:
• Use an eco-friendly, pet-safe insecticide as a carpet cleaner. Apply it to a certain area of your carpet or a carpet in a certain room. Wait until it dries out totally then vacuum your carpet. You will have to vacuum daily up to a week or may be two maximum according to the condition of the carpet.
• Don’t let your pets or kids in the room or the area you are cleaning especially if they are allergic to insecticides. You may suffer from dramatic consequences if you did that.
• Use salt or borax and apply it all over the carpet especially where your pet loves to sit, under sofas and furniture and near the door. Leave it for up to 48 hours before vacuuming. Also make sure your kids and pets stay out of the area you are cleaning.
2. Using Diatomaceous Earth for carpet cleaning purposes:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet using Diatomaceous Earth as a carpet cleaner:
• Make sure to use food grade Diatomaceous Earth because there is a type for the swimming pools and it is not suitable as a carpet cleaner.
• The type we use in the swimming pools is toxic while the type for carpet cleaning is safe so if your pet or kid digested it by mistake, nothing bad will happen.
• Spread the diatomaceous earth all over the carpet. It will clean it up perfectly as it kills fleas effectively.
• Vacuum all your carpet.
• Use it to clean the place of your pet’s place too. Usually the pet’s place is where fleas come from so killing them there will be elimination to the source of fleas.
• Give your pet a path before letting it sleep at its place again.
3. The regular carpet cleaning method:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet regularly:
• It is better to use a nozzle instead of just vacuuming the carpet.
• The duration of vacuuming differs according to how heavy the infestation is. The heaviest infestation requires up to two weeks of daily vacuuming.
• Vacuum the same places as previous and make sure to reach corners and baseboards.
• Throw the vacuum cleaner bag outside your home and make sure to tie it well.
• Clean your carpet and furniture using a steam cleaner. It will kill any remnants of the fleas within the carpet.
• Make sure to clean your pet’s bedding using the best and safest carpet cleaner.
Always Preferred provides the people of Missoula with the best services regarding restoration of their damaged homes after fires. We need to learn from the past. That is why Always Preferred provides the people of Missoula with this guide about the worst fire damages in history.
When we discovered fire, we discovered also that there is something called fire damage. Throughout history, there were some fire damage accidents that caused a lot of damage and remained in the memory of history. Let’s see the worst fire damage accidents in History.
1. Boston (1872):
Let’s sum up what happened in the following points.
• This fire is significant because it made losses more than any fire in the whole American history. It is not as big as Chicago fire damage or San Francisco fire damage but these two fires did not cause damages as this one.
• The cause that the losses were so huge that the fire affected the downtown area and the financial districts. Hundreds of businesses were destroyed and thousands of Bostonians lost their jobs.
• Insurance companies bankrupted as they were not able to pay for the losses.
• The fire department of the city was out of service so the fire was not controlled until it made these terrible losses.
• The statics said that 776 buildings, 20 people and 65 acres of the downtown area were destroyed.
2. London (1666):
The following points will tell you everything you need to know about this fire.
• London was burnt many times as it was basically wooden constructed and its design was so poor.
• The fire started when a maid forgot to put down the fire in a baker’s shop.
• This fire has a kind of black sarcasm as it is not considered a bad fire accident; actually it made a favor for London.
• London suffered from the plague and this fire sterilized the city somehow. Of course, people didn’t see it this way when the fire was on but when they re-built the city, they discovered that.
3. Chicago (1871):
Chicago now has the best fire department in the whole world and the reason is that fire in 1871. The fire damage that destroyed about 17,000 buildings and left about 90,000 homeless started in October 1871 but it was slow enough that only 300 people died which is a small number when it is compared with the severity of the fire.
The main problem was that the homeless people faced a cruel winter without a shelter. There are many stories that describe how this fire started including the cow of the poor woman which kicked over a lantern yet the true story is that a transient smoking in the barn was the cause.
This fire inspired the people of Chicago to make their city great again so the people gathered together and built the city that we are all proud of now. The fire department is one of the fastest and largest in the whole world.
Insurance is essential for carpet cleaning services to protect the workplace, the equipment, the properties of the clients and your employees. This guide will help you to have the right insurance policy to protect your agency completely. Let’s see the different types of insurance policies regarding carpet cleaning services.
1. General Liability Insurance:
This policy will save your agency in three situations.
•This insurance policy is called “the slip and flip insurance policy”. Let’s imagine that a client of yours slipped on your floor, he/she may file a case against your agency especially if he/she is injured badly. This insurance policy will help you in this situation as it covers the third party body injuries of your clients.
• Anther situation that the insurance policy will save it is when one of your employees makes a mistake that lead to damage of a property; the insurance policy will cover the mistake. This situation is so common among carpet cleaning agents and janitorial services so this policy is essential for those two services.
• If the marketing employees of your agency made an offensive marketing about your competitors and your competitors decided to file a case, the insurance policy would cover this mistake.
2. Property Insurance Policy:
You will buy a lot of equipment like vacuum cleaners, chemical products, protective equipment and many other tools and items. Your equipment will cost you a lot of money so protect your equipment and buy this insurance policy. This policy will pay you in cases of fires, theft, floods and other weather disasters.
3. Workers' Compensation Insurance:
You will hire a lot of employees over time. You may start your business with 2 agents and end with over 100 agents to keep your business running with complete availability, high speed and best quality. Injuries in cleaning agencies are common as they deal with dangerous materials. The most common injuries are those that happen in carpet cleaning agents and janitorial services. The most common diseases are those that happen among water damage restoration services agents and fire damage restoration services agents especially skin and respiratory diseases.
It is your responsibility to take care of your agents and pay their medical pills. This policy will cover any medical case of any of your employees. Most countries will not give you a business license unless you have Workers' Compensation Insurance.
4. Surety Bond:
It is essential for the cleaning services to have this policy. It offers the following benefits:
• It sends a message to your clients that if your agency does not meet their needs, they will have their money back.
• It will make your agency special and gain more clients as most of agencies forget to have this policy.
• Major corporations require it before making a contract with your agency.
This guide is provided to you by Always Preferred Restoration to help you figure out the best insurance policy for your business and guarantee that you will be able to have coverage for any kind of problems you may have.
Choosing the right carpet cleaner to clean wine spots is always a problem. There are certain spots that you don’t know how to deal with them without a guide to tell you the best carpet cleaner to use and the best methods to apply; wine spots are among them. The following tips will tell you the best ways to easily remove the wine spots easily with normal ingredients.
1. The Basic Steps:
• You need to immediately blot up the spilled wine as the longer it in your carpet, the harder it will be to remove. Once you notice the spots, act fast; grab a paper towel and blot the stain. Pick up as much wine as possible.
• Up-and-down blotting motion is the best to use as side-to-side rubbing is not that effective.
• Rubbing will sit some of the wine in the carpet making it harder to be removed. It will also make the wine spot larger so moving from outside to the center prevent the spot from getting larger.
• Apply cold water on the spot and keep blotting.
• When it is difficult to blot anymore, keep diluting the wine with cold water to make it easier to be removed.
2. The Usage of Salt:
The following steps will show you how to use salt as a carpet cleaner.
• While the stain is wet, pour salt over it while it's still wet. If you did a good dabbing job, you will take almost all the wine out of the carpet, but of course not the whole spot.
• After the first step, there will be some of the wine in the carpet that you can remove by covering the stain with a generous portion of salt.
• The salt granules work by drawing the moisture that you made in the stain out of the carpet. It may take hours.
• So the salt works by drawing the moisture of the stain, It does not work well for dried stains so you need to keep the stain wet before removing it out of the carpet.
3. The Usage of Vinegar Solution:
Follow the following steps to use vinegar solution as a carpet cleaner.
• Make the cleaning solution using a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of dishwashing liquid, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 2 cups (236 milliliters) of warm water. Combine them together and you will have your solution.
• The vinegar used should be white vinegar as the other types like apple cider or balsamic vinegar can cause more stains.
• The stain should be wetted by the solution in order to loosen the stain.
• Repeat these steps until the carpet is clean.
• The stain should be wetted by cold water. It is a process of diluting then getting the wine out of the carpet until you remove it completely.
Always preferred cares about all the aspects of the businesses regarding cleaning and janitorial services; that is why it provides this guide for the people working in janitorial services.
Janitorial services agencies provide many services to their clients which include air duct cleaning and in order to understand this item, this guide will include a lot of essential information about air duct cleaning as a main part of janitorial services.
1. What is air duct cleaning and why is it part of janitorial service?
Most people now know the importance of keeping their environment clean; it is why we created janitorial service in the first place. Janitorial services agencies try their best to maintain the indoor services as good as they are nowadays and this includes air duct cleaning.
The air duct cleaning aims to improve the quality of air inside your home and its cost depends on multiple factors that include the following factors.
• The level of contamination of the ducts.
• The climate of the region you live in.
• Accessibility to the system.
• The size of the system that will be cleaned by the janitorial services agents.
2. How to decide if you want your ducts to be cleaned or not?
Let’s talk about the two main points separately.
• Your ducts do not need to be cleaned if no one in your home has unexplained symptoms or allergies lately, if there is no indication of contamination in the ducts when you inspect them and when there is no mold or accumulated dust in the ducts.
• Your ducts need to be cleaned when a family member has symptoms that are suspected to be due to something at the home. Also if you inspected the ducts and found out that there is mold or dust, then you probably will need to call the best air duct cleaning services to handle the situation.
Also it is logical that the ducts will need to be cleaned once a while so keep it clean by calling the experts to clean it regularly.
3. How to find the best company to clean your ducts?
You can find this type of companies in the yellow pages but the best way to find them is to search for the best of the best then compare between them. Ask family members, friends and neighbors about the best company that they have made business with and ask about the results. You will definitely find someone who had your problem.
If you are looking for a customized carpet cleaning eco-friendly chemical products, this guide will help you a lot. They are hard to find but recently some companies produced such products. They are completely safe so you can use them without the fear of toxicity to your kids and pets. Let’s see the top Customized Carpet Cleaning Eco-Friendly Products.
1. HydrOxi Pro Encapsulating Spotter (Anti-Re-soiling Spot and Stain Remover:
That is considered one of the top carpet cleaners in the whole market. Its customer reviews are great. They all agree that this product keep their carpets brand new and spotless. Some customers say that it removed spots that are impossible to be removed. The features of this cleaner are many and they include:
• Elimination of the soling. The product is effective in this area as it uses polymer technology.
• It has a color-safe feature so it will not have any kind of effect on the color of the carpet.
• Its PH is neutral so it will not affect the fibers of the carpet and will maintain them well.
• It has hydrogen peroxide among its ingredients which makes it safer.
2. SSS Carpet Rinse Plus and Neutralizer:
It is one of the recommended carpet cleaners in case you want to make your carpet softer and brighter. Its features are great and they include:
• Acidity. The slight acidic cleaner neutralizes the alkaline PH of any shampoo residue which will prevent the browning of the fibers.
• Certifications. It is a certified carpet cleaning product so you can know relax and know that the safety of your kids and pets is guaranteed.
• It produces better results when it is used after the primary cleaning method.
• It does not affect the integrity of your floors so problems like re-soiling and stickiness will not even take place.
3. Triple Action Enzyme Carpet Spotter and Stain Remover:
This cleaner is used mainly for pet stains but it also works perfectly with all other types of stains. A customer reported that it worked effectively against the urine of his dog which had a bladder control problem. Coffee stains, wine stains, and other stains were removed using it too.
The features that make this carpet cleaner great include:
• It is made with Advanced Gemini Surfactant Technology for better cleaning.
• It eliminates any kind of odors.
• Certifications. It is a certified carpet cleaning product so you can know relax and know that the safety of your kids and pets is guaranteed.
Always Preferred Restoration Provides this guide for people who want to start a junk removal small business. Starting a junk removal business is great if you are looking for starting a small business with a good income. It is suitable if you don’t have a large budget and looking for a business that does not require a lot of time.
As any business, the good reputation is an important thing here and to have a good reputation and make your business run as smooth as possible, you need to be fully committed to the business, improve your position among your competitors constantly and be aware of the new methods of junk removal all the time as many new methods come out regularly in order to make the best benefits of the junk instead of just throwing it away.
1. The initial thoughts:
The first points that you should think about when you are about to enter the trash removal business are the following points.
• Assessment of the junk removal competition. Do your research about the competitors in your area and inspect their strategies. Check their regular type of clients, their junk removal methods, the size of business of each company and the prices of their services.
• Decide the type of business that you want to work in. If your budget is suitable for starting both residential and commercial junk removal business, do it; you will start as a big player in the trash removal business that way.
• There are always big players in any business. Look for a big player in the trash removal business and learn how this business became big. It is better if you have worked in this business before.
2. Creating the plan:
The plan should cover the following points.
• Ask yourself whether you will start your own company or you will franchise. Franchise will not be as expensive as starting a new business but you will not be your own boss. It is suitable if your budget is really small.
• The price of your trash removal services should be based on the research that you have done about your competitors. It is better if you lowered the price of your services at the beginning of your business in order to gain some customers but don’t lower the prices a lot in order to make good profits.
• The pricing strategy is important too. Whether you will charge by weight or by the job or the space, you need to make a price for every possible method of trash removal.
3. Starting the business:
The following steps should be followed to start your business properly.
• Get a trash removal truck. You need to look for certain features regarding the truck like the fuel economy and the load capacity. Don’t look for luxurious features like the leather seats or the air conditioning. It is a business truck not a personal vehicle.
• The hands-free equipment will be easier to communicate with your employees during the work.
• Buy heavy duty work wear for your employees.
• You need to get a business license to be able to run your business legally.
Always Preferred Restoration provides the people of Montana with this guide to help them to figure out what to do after fire damage regarding insurance.
You pay the insurance company a lot to save you in disasters like fire damages. Insurance policies are not that simple and they need a lot of research for all kinds of information regarding every single detail in the policy. The fire damage is included as a main point in home insurance policies. You will pay a lot to cover this point so what information do you need to now regarding it that you may not be completely aware of? Let’s find out some facts about fire damages in insurance policies.
1. What after the fire damage?
There are two main points here; water damage and theft.
• The fight fighters will use a huge amount of water to control the fire. This huge amount of water will cause a lot of damage too to your proprieties. You need to make sure that the insurance company will pay for everything whether it is destroyed by fire or by water.
• The first action you must do after controlling the fire is to search for any valuable properties that are not damaged by the fire then you should call a carpentry agency or your insurance company and make them send carpenters. The carpenters will try to fix the doors and windows or replace them to protect the rest of your valuable items against theft. Your property is the main target of thieves in your neighborhood after the fire damage.
2. What insurance policy should you choose?
There are two types of home insurance policies regarding fire damages; standard home insurance and dwelling fire coverage.
• Standard home insurance policy:
This policy will cover everything in your place. All your belongings and furniture are under the coverage. Of course, it is more expensive. Mortgage lenders ask for this kind of policy too. It also includes personal liability insurance.
• Dwelling fire coverage:
This one is less expensive but it will cover only your place without your proprieties. It is the best if you don’t have so valuable properties. It covers your garage and storage but it will not provide you with personal liability insurance.
3. The restoration process:
You insurance policy should cover all the expenses until your home becomes as it was before the fire. You should make sure of the following point.
• Mold: a lot of water will be pumped to control the fire. You should make sure that all this water is gone not to develop any mold in the walls. Check the basement and the garage well.
• The soot and the odor may be terrible and stay for a while. The cleaning services should repeat the cleaning process several times before your family becomes able to stay at it again.
• Check that everything is back as it was. If every room had an air conditioner, then you should have an air conditioner in every room after the restoration process. The insurance policy should pay for everything under the coverage.
We here in Always Preferred Restoration exert great efforts to clean your carpet. But sometimes the damages are stronger than us.
Do you think that carpet replacement is necessary? It is not an easy decision to make when it comes to floor replacement. We attach ourselves to things like our carpets, our coffee tables and any kind of properties so emotionally; it is not an easy decision.
Also, none wants to worry about carpet replacement expenses. That is why you need to know when to replace your old flooring.
• Stains and Discolorations:
When time passes, the effectiveness of the finish of the carpet – which resists stains- fades away. Check out your floor, if it is full of stains and spots that can’t be removed by professional carpet cleaning, this may be the time to replace your floor with a new one.
Professional carpet cleaning agents will do their best to get your floors clean. If the carpet will not be clean again, cleaning agents will advise you to replace it.
There are some difficult to remove stains like wine and bleach stains. if your carpet has many difficult stains, it will be the most practical choice to fully replace it.
When your carpet smells bad, it may be the time to replace it. Awful odors are not welcoming or pleasant thing so you need to replace it as soon as possible before holding an event or having any kind of guests. If you have pets, then the possibility to have a carpet that has a very bad smell increases significantly. Carpet cleaning agencies will do their best to remove the odors out of your carpet but still there are some smells that resist any kind of chemicals and cleaning methods.
Go to a professional carpet cleaning service and ask them to perform comprehensive work on your house; if this method failed, then it is time to start looking for a new flooring.
Note that if the odor is due to mold, you may need to check your house too in order to eliminate the source of the mold that can be very dangerous to the health.
• Tears & Wrinkles:
When your carpet becomes full of bulges, tears and wrinkles, it is probably the time to get it replaced. But before paying your money on a new one, assess the old one. If its bulges, tears and wrinkles can be fixed, then fix it instead of replacing it.
Assessment of your carpet should include several aspects. Its appearance should be good after repairing it. Its bulges and wrinkles should be hidden and the fibers should not be a danger to the people walking in the house.
We here at Always Preferred Restoration knows that the maintenance of your carpet requires wide knowledge. That is why we provide you with this guide to figure out why you should stretch your carpet regularly.
Anything at home requires regular maintenance in order to keep it for a long time or you will have to replace it once a while; that includes carpets too. Replacing anything at home is very exhausting and needs an extra amount of money; replacing flooring is not only exhausting and expensive but also takes some time. That is why the regular maintenance of your floors is necessary.
Carpet stretching is an example of the ways you can do in order to keep your floor strong and attractive. It is the process of keeping your carpet well against any surface wrinkles. If you have these kinds of imperfections, do carpet stretching. It works against buckle and slipping too.
It is also effective if it has great foo traffic as it eliminates any kind of ripples.
• Increasing the longevity and durability of your carpet:
Carpet stretching increases the longevity and durability of the fibers. The problem starts when your edges starts moving away from the tacking strips; carpet stretching can solve this problem easily. The flooring will return strong again after stretching and you will eliminate any kind of bugles that appear unattractive.
Tears and holes can affect the longevity of the carpet but with stretching, you will be able to keep them at bay.
When your floor becomes full of ripples, bulges and wrinkles, it may be very dangerous to the households. Loose carpets are dangerous too as it may cause injuries to people when they fall into them.
Protect your family especially the kids, your visitor who don’t know your house well and your pets by having your carpet stretched. Deal with your floor instead of dealing with an injury.
• Clean Home Environment:
When you get your carpets stretched, you will keep the living spaces at home so neat and good-looking. Messes are possible. Imagine a situation when you wake holding a juice and then you trip on a bulge on the surface of the flooring. You will need a lot of cleaning up to get this mess cleaned. You will also suffer from the stains and the smells if you didn’t maintain your fibers regularly. Carpet stretching will keep it stainless and odorless and you will make sure of that when you get it stretched.
• Increase your savings:
Replacing your carpet with a new one is a big financial commitment; that is why carpet stretching will save you a lot of money instead of getting your floors replaced. It will also save your time instead of wasting it searching for a new flooring and getting it fixed in your home.
Carpet stretching is the kind of service that is easy, convenient and lifesaver.
Always Preferred Restoration