This guide is for people who suffer to get gum out of carpets especially if they have kids. We will discuss here how to get gum out using ice and how to get it out using heat. Feel free to call Always Preferred Restoration for any other specific questions about gum.
Get Gum Out With Ice:
One of the easiest ways to get gum out is to first freeze the gum. Grab a bag and fill it with ice. Then place the ice on the gum and leave it for about 30 minutes. Once the gum is frozen and hard, pry the gum up with your fingertips or a dull knife.
Cold gum becomes less sticky and brittle and will allow you to break it up from the carpet more easily. Do this very carefully. You don’t want to begin lifting fibers out of the carpet. If fibers begin to come up with the gum, hold the fibers with your fingers below the gum while pulling at the gum to avoid pulling the fibers up from the backing of the carpet.
It works best to break the brittle gum into chunks and work with a piece at a time. Once you get the majority of the gum up this way, there will likely be some sticky gum residue left behind.
A small amount of liquid soap can be gently blotted into the carpet to break down and remove this residue. However, be careful not to scrub the carpet to avoid fraying carpet fibers. Also avoid using too much soap. Just use a small amount and then flush the area with water when you are finished and blot with clean, white towels. This will prevent leaving a soapy residue that can later attract dirt to the area.
Get Gum Out With Heat:
First put a paper sack or a clean cloth over the gum. Next, use a hair dryer to heat the area and soften the gum. As the gum loosens up, it will begin to stick to the bag or cloth that you placed over it. Be very careful not to overheat and melt carpet fibers.
With extreme heat, you can actually cause burn/melt marks in your carpet and look like a permanent stain. If you watch closely as you work, it shouldn’t be a problem. This is more likely to be an issue if you use an iron instead of a hair dryer to heat the gum.
When the gum is soft, lift the cloth or sack, which should lift some of the gum. Continue to blot the warm gum with the sack, letting it attach and lift more and more of the gum out. Gently pick at the rest of the gum, removing as much as possible from the carpet without pulling too hard on the carpet fibers.
Again, once you have removed as much as possible, rinse with a small amount of soap to get rid of the remaining residue.
We here in Always Preferred know how hard it is to get rid of water stains. That is why we are providing our customers with this guide about the best carpet cleaners we use in case they have water stains.
1. The Usage of Soap and Water as a Carpet Cleaner:
Here is how to use soap and water to clean water stains.
• Blot up as much moisture as you can by using a clean white cloth and pressing it against the water stain; this will work only when the spill is fresh.
• Walk over the cloth to make it absorb more water.
• Paper towels are great too. Place some of them over the stain then put a heavy object over the towels and leave everything for a while.
• The first step that you should do is to remove any sediment or dirt that has embedded into the carpet in the water stain area by creating a mixture of soap and water.
• Take a cloth, cover it with soap and water, rub it on the stain gently; that is how you dab the area with the stain.
2. The Usage of Vinegar and Water as a Carpet Cleaner:
Here is how to use vinegar and water to clean water stains.
• After the usage of your dish soap and water to remove any dirt or sediment, if the water stain is still there, you can try the mixture of vinegar and water.
• Use white vinegar. Add ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar for every 32 ounces of water as you don’t need much vinegar.
• You can use a clean cloth or a hand-held sprayer to apply the mixture of vinegar and water into the carpet.
• Press lightly on the stain to let the PH of the vinegar remove the water stain properly.
• Leave the carpet to dry out as you will see the effects only when the carpet is fully dry.
• While the carpet is drying out, you will see the stain gradually disappear.
• Repeat if needed.
3. The Usage of Chemicals as Carpet Cleaners:
Here is how you can use chemicals as carpet cleaners.
• At this point, you may need to call professional help. They will deal with everything professionally and getting your carpet clean again especially if the damage is severe.
• If the carpet cleaning agents said that the carpet needs to be replaced, make sure that nothing will help.
• Rent a steam cleaner and use it. Steam cleaners are effective against water stains.
Some stains require you to be creative. That is why we offer these creative thoughts to our customers to use in case they faced a similar situation.
Finding the best way to clean your carpet includes finding the best method and the best carpet cleaner. Most of the carpet stains can be removed using simple house cleaning products such as water, white vinegar, dish-washing liquids, a towel and the usage of standard household clothing iron can remove almost any carpet stain. Think of any kind of stain such as dark juices, wine spots, candle wax spots or any other stains; standard household clothing iron can deal with it perfectly. To learn how to use standard household clothing iron as a carpet cleaner, read this guide.
1. The Usage of White Vinegar and Water Solution as a carpet Cleaner:
Follow the following steps.
• Use you vacuum in order to remove any loose dirt at the area that you are about to clean.
• Plug your iron where you will work. Set the iron on the highest degree of steam you have.
• Use an empty bottle of spray. Fill it with a mixture of white vinegar and water. The ratio between water and vinegar is determined according to the stain. The ideal ratio is 1 part of white vinegar to 3 parts of water.
• Make a damp using a white cotton rag or towel. The rag or the towel should be large enough; it should cover the whole stain. Wring it after putting it in warm water and you will have a damp.
• Spray the vinegar then place the damp over the stain.
• Iron the stain slightly.
2. The Usage of Dishwashing Liquid and Water Solution as a carpet Cleaner:
Follow the following steps.
• Plug your iron where you will work. Set the iron on the lowest degree of steam you have.
• Use a combination of concentrated liquid dish-washing soap and warm water as a carpet cleaner. Add 5 to 6 drops of the soap to 2 cups of the water in a small bucket.
• Make a damp using a white cotton rag or towel. The rag or the towel should be large enough; it should cover the whole stain. Wring it after putting it in warm water and you will have a damp.
• Place the damp all over the stain and put the iron over it.
• Leave the iron at the lowest level over the stain for about 15 minutes or until the stain is completely removed depending on the size of it.
We have been in the cleaning industry for a while and we know that there are many myths about our services. In this guide we will share our customers some of the most common myths in the janitorial services.
People make myths look like facts and the ones who are about to start their janitorial agencies always make high expectations according to these myths. The following points will include the most common myths regarding janitorial services so if you are about to start your business, read them well.
1. Why People think that Ammonia and Bleach are the best?
This is not true.
• Ammonia is a good cleaner but making it one of the best cleaners is a mistake; it is just a good cleaner that has many health problems associated to it such as skin rashes, respiratory diseases, allergies, in addition to its offensive odor.
• Let’s make it cleaner and say that bleach is not a cleaner. If you used bleach as cleaning product, you will discover that it is useless. It just kills bacteria and harmful organisms. It is also harmful to us; it won’t kill us of course but it can be toxic.
2. More Chemicals mean cleaner! That is not true.
That is another myth created by cleaning products companies and markets to sell more and more. Using more chemicals can be harmful to whatever you are cleaning such as upholstery and carpets. Also the usage of more chemicals will leave some of it with the carpet which will collect more dirt within the carpet or the upholstery which will make them dirty again.
3. All Cleaning agencies are the same:
That is considered one of the most common myths among both customers and people who are about to start their janitorial services businesses. There are many different between cleaning services such as the following points.
• The equipment used by each agency is different. Some businesses use eco-friendly product while others use old cleaning methods. The best are who stay updated with the latest technological features in addition to keeping using effective methods.
• The skills of the staff differ.
• The experience level differs from an agency to another. More experience means higher quality of the services.
• The best companies are which have trained employers. The training courses differ. Some companies focus on the skills, other focus on the speed of the services. Some agencies provide its staff with training courses in public health.
Choosing the best upholstery cleaner is always an issue especially when it comes to leather upholstery. Leather upholstery cleaners say that leather cleaning is not the same as any kind of material. There are a lot of ways to clean leather but the best way is to hire a professional leather upholstery cleaner that know what to do with different stains.
The possibility that you may damage the leather upholstery is high while the possibility of the professional leather upholstery cleaner to damage the leather upholstery is low unless unexpected accident happened.
Discoloration of the leather upholstery, sustaining scratches or scars, loss its supple texture, soaking up body oils, and sustaining punctures are all permanent damages that may happen to the leather upholstery if you are not professional enough to handle it.
These tips will show you how professional leather upholstery cleaners are the best to deal with your problem.
1. The Material:
The following points will tell you what you need to know about the material.
• Leather is unique even when it is stained. Certain kinds of stains and wear affect it in addition to that it is a naturally absorbent; it soaks up the oils of the body.
• Any small damage like a slight scratch can be noticeable.
• The first step to prevent any damage from happening to your leather upholstery is to be careful around it.
• Any severe damage can be removed by professional upholstery cleaners.
• The leather needs to be cleaned and vacuumed well before starting cleaning it.
• Cleaning leather is essential because you will be able to get rid of any dirt that may interfere with cleaning the upholstery.
• Professional leather upholstery cleaners will use water and a small amount of detergent manually to clean up afterwards to keep the leather integrity.
2. The Guarantees:
Professional cleaners have a certain way to deal with any kind of damages regarding leather. Whether it is a stain, a scratch, a discoloration or a puncture, they will repair the damage. The next point will tell you how the process will work.
3. How does the cleaning process go?
The first thing that will be done is the abrasion with a special abrasion surface; this is done gently. The first step is essential to remove any discoloration and prepare the leather to be restored.
The heavy body oils are removed by a special way. Professional cleaners use special absorbent chemicals which penetrate into the leather and remove the oil by soaking it up. The oil and the detergent make special thickening layer that can be removed gently.
If the oil is not repeated by the first attempt, they repeat until the oil is completely removed.
The drying process may take few hours but it is the most effective way.
After the treatment of the area, some special chemicals are applied to the damaged area. If the damage is discoloration, a dye matches the color of the leather is applied.
Professional cleaning agents are the best to restore your leather upholstery.
Always Preferred provides its customers with this guide to help the people of Missoula to understand some of the services that should be offered by fire damage restoration services.
Fire damage is considered one of the worst experiences that you may suffer from for a long time due to the complications of the fire damage. Things like the odor, the smoke and any other complication of fire damages are not easy to deal with and may affect the integrity of the whole building.
For example, smoke odor will invade every single area of the house and will stick to your personal belongings too. The soot of the smoke may lead to severe damages to the walls of the building which were not burned by the fire. The experience of fire damage is really devastating and you will need professional fire damage restoration services to restore your place and help you get through this tough situation.
Be prepared to this tough situation by having the number of fire damage restoration agency that can deal with the situation professionally.
1. Before Deodorization:
Regarding the odor of the smoke, here is what professional fire damage restoration services have to accomplish before deodorization.
• The cleaning process has three phases which are structural cleaning, contents cleaning and deodorization.
• Structural cleaning means the cleaning of the walls and the woodwork of the whole building or house. It is the first step to get your house as clean as it was before the fire damage. It depends on how bad the fire damage is so the price of this step varies according to the type of tools that will be used and the effort that will be exerted by the cleaning agents.
• Contents Cleaning means cleaning of things like the furniture and upholstery. Professional fire damage restoration services agents know what to do regarding the fire damage of such things so your items will be restored somehow.
After the two previous steps, deodorization comes. Deodorization means the removal of the odor of the smoke. There are two ways to remove the odor after fire damage.
• The first way is to remove the odor without eliminating its sources. It is not effective but cheaper.
• The second way is to remove the sources of the odor. It is more expensive but it will terminate the odor completely.
3. Additional Services:
The following services are offered by professional fire damage restoration services.
This aims to protect your building from being entered by strangers and to protect it from bad weather changes too.
This aims to make categorize your items into three categories which are salvageable, non-salvageable, and questionable in order to help you save what may be saved and getting rid of what can’t be saved anymore.
If your furniture should be moved out in order to keep its integrity, the restoration services offer you to move out your furniture and any other items to a safe place to keep its integrity.
If you have some valuable artwork that is damaged by the fire, the restoration services will offer you a conservator who will be able to restore your artwork.
Water damage restoration experts say that the best step to start working on water damage at a residence is to make the owners of the place act fast and deal with the damage until water damage restoration agents come and deal with the damages professionally. Water damages can lead to serious complications; that is why water damage restoration experts advise people to follow the following tips.
1. After a Flood:
Follow the following steps after a flood.
• If the cause of the flood is a burst pipe or a failure of water heater, turn off the main water line for your residence. Call water damage restoration services as soon as possible.
• Shut down the power by cutting off the electricity and gas from their main sources. It is essential whether the leak is small or large to do this step as all it takes is one drop to cause a disaster. It is better to have an electrician to handle shutting off in case you have standing water.
• You need to assess the damage in order to know how much money you will pay for the water damage restoration service. Take some pictures for the insurance company.
• Save your most valuable possessions and remove any valuable items. Don’t waste time cleaning anything; just rescue everything first.
2. Get Rid of Standing Water:
When the water sits for a long time, the damages will be disastrous. Here are some tips that you should follow in order to get rid of any standing water.
• When everything is safe, start pumping out any standing water.
• When you deal with a natural flood, wait until the water of the flood have receded below your place.
• You need to wear protective gear while working in your flooded house. Wear rubber boots, gloves, and a mask or respirator.
• You need to keep your kids and pets away from the standing water. Any standing water is contaminated and may be harmful to your kids and pets.
• The place of the pump should be at the lowest spot of the area affected by the flooded water.
• The usage of a wet-dry vacuum is the best solution for small amount of flooding.
3. Mold and Mildew:
Mold need water damage restoration services experts to deal with it. You need to assess mold for your insurance company and to help the water damage restoration agents. Follow the following steps.
• Mold can grow anywhere. It can be visible and it can grow in air ducts, between walls, rafters, and crawl spaces.
• If mold is not visible, find any noticeable must earth smell. If there is any, then there is invisible mold undetected.
• Mildew and mold develop within 48 hours after exposure to moisture.
• Turn off the power as mold will make any wires or cables wet which is extremely dangerous.
• Dry the area out before mold spreads to other areas and becomes hard to remove by water damage restoration agents. When mold stays for long time, it will invade more areas and become uncontrollable.
• Don’t use fans to dry out the place as they may spread the spores of the mold to new places.
You may ask why would a school or a university requires a professional janitorial services agency that is specialized in educational facilities to handle its cleanliness? With the large number of students, teachers and other people, you need a professional janitorial services agency that is specialized in cleaning these kinds of facilities. The quality of the services should be high as an outbreak of a disease in such communities can be disastrous.
The best educational janitorial services develop specific procedures to make sure that your school and university is as clean as possible to prevent any chance of diseases.
If you are in charge of a school or a university and you want to hire a professional janitorial services agency to keep your area clean, look for a company that will analyze everything your place needs and has well-trained agents.
1. List of services provided by professional educational janitorial services:
Here is a list of the services provided by educational janitorial services.
• Trash removal. Your students will produce a large amount of trash daily so you need to make sure that the janitorial services are capable of accomplishing this task daily.
• Mopping of tile and linoleum floors.
• Vacuuming of carpets and floor polishing. This should be done routinely as the large number of people will make the carpets dirty constantly and the floors will be affected too.
• Cleaning of desks, and windows. Clean educational area will help both the students and the teacher to practice the educational process in a healthy atmosphere.
• Bathroom cleaning and kitchen cleaning. These places are common places of infections and contaminations; keeping them clean regularly is essential.
• Dusting and common area cleaning.
• Office cleaning.
You can choose certain services and charge for them; search well.
2. The characteristics of the best professional educational janitorial services:
Here is what you should look for when you choose the best agency to get your facility clean.
• Experience. It is essential that the agents of the cleaning service know exactly how to clean a school or a university.
• The high quality work.
• The good communication between the cleaning agents and their management and between the agency and the management of the facility.
• The ability to work in such crowded community like the school or the university. It is so hard so you should make sure that the agents are well-trained.
• The cleaning agents should be well-trained and have some certifications on how to deal with educational facilities.
• The commitment to the terms of the contract.
You should choose a cleaning agency that has most of these features.
3. Outsourcing or Insourcing:
Outsourcing the janitorial needs of your school or university is not an easy decision to make. The best decision to make from the experts point of view is outsourcing as the in-house cleaning does not have the features that qualifies it to be suitable for cleaning an educational facility. You need high standards for the best of your students and teachers so choose well.
Sometimes people wonder if hiring professional upholstery cleaner worth it or they can handle the damages that happen to their upholstery by themselves. After reading this guide, you will be able to decide whether to hire professional upholstery cleaner or you should try to clean your upholstery by yourself.
People who have kids or pets or both will definitely need to hire professional upholstery cleaners to maintain the integrity of their furniture. People who don’t have kids or pet may damage their upholstery by spilling drinks over it. There are many guides that tell people how to clean every kind of stain but it is exhausting to search and apply the steps so why would you bother yourself with cleaning guides while you can hire professional certified upholstery cleaner to restore your upholstery?
Let’s see some specific points regarding hiring professional upholstery cleaners to help you decide.
1. Why should hire certified upholstery cleaners?
The following points will tell why you should hire upholstery cleaners that are certified.
• If you want your upholstery to last for a long time, then you should hire experts who know how to deal with different kinds of damages properly.
• The usage of homemade chemicals and commercial products without the proper knowledge is not enough.
• Sometimes when you try to handle the damage by yourself, you will treat the problem for a short term period then it will appear again.
• The previous points show you why you should hire professional certified upholstery cleaner if you really want to clean your upholstery well.
2. The benefits of hiring certified professional upholstery cleaners:
There are many benefits of hiring certified upholstery cleaners.
• Training and education. Certified cleaners have many certifications that say that they can identify any type of stains easily.
• They know the proper ways to deal with different kinds of upholstery.
• They know the best upholstery cleaner product to use with each stain.
• They know the proper tools and equipment to use.
• They will tell you all the information about the integrity, the durability and maintenance of the upholstery.
• They will give you valuable information about how to keep your upholstery clean and how to avoid stains and damages.
3. Tips for the maintenance of your upholstery:
You should follow these tips to keep your upholstery clean.
• According to the type of the material, vacuuming or cleaning your upholstery frequently is needed in order to keep the integrity of your upholstery.
• Use arm caps on your upholstery. This way you will prolong the life span of the fabric.
• The wear and tear process happens faster when you rotate the seat and the back cushions more often.
• When you add a new piece of furniture, this means that your furniture will need to be cleaned especially vacuumed more often.
• The manufacturing companies’ guides say that people should care for their upholstery once every two years in case there is not any kind of accidents happen in these two years.
• If you have any kids or pets, the cleaning process should be more often.
Regular professional carpet cleaning is not preferable especially if you have a very valuable carpet that you want to keep its value so you need to know how to keep your carpet clean for a very long time. Professional carpet cleaning is kind of expensive especially if they are so valuable.
If you followed this guide, you will be able to keep your carpet clean may be for years. This guide will tell you how to prevent stains and how to prevent damages for a long time.
1. Regular carpet cleaning:
Follow the following steps to keep your carpet clean regularly.
• Vacuuming your carpet regularly is the first step to get the dirt and debris out of it as the accumulation of dirt and debris causes long term problems.
It is recommended to vacuum your carpet once a week covering all the areas of it.
• Cover your carpet with baking soda before vacuuming as it absorbs bad odors, keeps the smell of the carpet fresh and makes your carpet look great. Don’t put too much baking soda on a certain area.
• If you got a stain, deal with it as soon as possible. Apply your best carpet cleaning using the best method to get rid of it.
• Professional carpet cleaning occasionally is necessary. It is kind of expensive but it will keep the integrity of the carpet.
• Find the best professional carpet cleaning agency.
2. Prevention of Stains and Spills:
The following tips will help you to prevent stains.
• The usage of rugs and runners is great especially the areas that are exposed to a lot of dirt and other contaminants. You can use it at certain areas like under a dining room table and the area where your kids usually play.
• You have to train your pet to urinate outdoors or at a certain place. If your pet is not trained, use repellents. There are some commercial repellents but you can use white vinegar, lemon juice, rubbing alcohol as repellent agents.
• Don’t walk over your carpet wearing your shoes. Remove your shoes when you enter your home and encourage your visitors and your family to do the same.
• Any common source of stain should be kept away from the carpet; Wine, beverages, foods and juices are very common sources of stains.
3. Avoid Common Mistakes:
The following mistakes are so common and lead to a lot of stains.
• Commercial carpet powders are used to eliminate the unpleasant odors but they leave residue in the carpet that damage the carpet over time.
• Rubbing stains will spread it. It is better to blot the stains to remove them without spreading them. Sometimes you think that you are removing the stain while rubbing but you actually making it worse.
• When you need to buy a carpet cleaner, don’t buy a cheap one as you will get what you pay for. Cheap carpet cleaners will leave dirt and debris within the carpet and even may cause a lot of damages.
Always Preferred Restoration