Regular professional carpet cleaning is not preferable especially if you have a very valuable carpet that you want to keep its value so you need to know how to keep your carpet clean for a very long time. Professional carpet cleaning is kind of expensive especially if they are so valuable. If you followed this guide, you will be able to keep your carpet clean may be for years. This guide will tell you how to prevent stains and how to prevent damages for a long time.
1. Regular carpet cleaning:
Follow the following steps to keep your carpet clean regularly.
• Vacuuming your carpet regularly is the first step to get the dirt and debris out of it as the accumulation of dirt and debris causes long term problems.
It is recommended to vacuum your carpet once a week covering all the areas of it.
• Cover your carpet with baking soda before vacuuming as it absorbs bad odors, keeps the smell of the carpet fresh and makes your carpet look great. Don’t put too much baking soda on a certain area.
• If you got a stain, deal with it as soon as possible. Apply your best carpet cleaning using the best method to get rid of it.
• Professional carpet cleaning occasionally is necessary. It is kind of expensive but it will keep the integrity of the carpet.
• Find the best professional carpet cleaning agency.
2. Prevention of Stains and Spills:
The following tips will help you to prevent stains.
• The usage of rugs and runners is great especially the areas that are exposed to a lot of dirt and other contaminants. You can use it at certain areas like under a dining room table and the area where your kids usually play.
• You have to train your pet to urinate outdoors or at a certain place. If your pet is not trained, use repellents. There are some commercial repellents but you can use white vinegar, lemon juice, rubbing alcohol as repellent agents.
• Don’t walk over your carpet wearing your shoes. Remove your shoes when you enter your home and encourage your visitors and your family to do the same.
• Any common source of stain should be kept away from the carpet; Wine, beverages, foods and juices are very common sources of stains.
3. Avoid Common Mistakes:
The following mistakes are so common and lead to a lot of stains.
• Commercial carpet powders are used to eliminate the unpleasant odors but they leave residue in the carpet that damage the carpet over time.
• Rubbing stains will spread it. It is better to blot the stains to remove them without spreading them. Sometimes you think that you are removing the stain while rubbing but you actually making it worse.
• When you need to buy a carpet cleaner, don’t buy a cheap one as you will get what you pay for. Cheap carpet cleaners will leave dirt and debris within the carpet and even may cause a lot of damages.
Always Preferred Restoration