If you have a water stain on your carpet and you are not sure how to deal with it or which carpet cleaner you should use. If you left water stains within your carpet, mildew will grow and damage it. This guide will tell you how to avoid these damages so let’s know how to use the proper carper cleaner to remove water stains.
1. The Usage of Soap and Water as a Carpet Cleaner:
Here is how to use soap and water to clean water stains.
• Blot up as much moisture as you can by using a clean white cloth and pressing it against the water stain; this will work only when the spill is fresh.
• Walk over the cloth to make it absorb more water.
• Paper towels are great too. Place some of them over the stain then put a heavy object over the towels and leave everything for a while.
• The first step that you should do is to remove any sediment or dirt that has embedded into the carpet in the water stain area by creating a mixture of soap and water.
• Take a cloth, cover it with soap and water, rub it on the stain gently; that is how you dab the area with the stain.
2. The Usage of Vinegar and Water as a Carpet Cleaner:
Here is how to use vinegar and water to clean water stains.
• After the usage of your dish soap and water to remove any dirt or sediment, if the water stain is still there, you can try the mixture of vinegar and water.
• Use white vinegar. Add ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar for every 32 ounces of water as you don’t need much vinegar.
• You can use a clean cloth or a hand-held sprayer to apply the mixture of vinegar and water into the carpet.
• Press lightly on the stain to let the PH of the vinegar remove the water stain properly.
• Leave the carpet to dry out as you will see the effects only when the carpet is fully dry.
• While the carpet is drying out, you will see the stain gradually disappear.
• Repeat if needed.
3. The Usage of Chemicals as Carpet Cleaners:
Here is how you can use chemicals as carpet cleaners.
• At this point, you may need to call professional help. They will deal with everything professionally and getting your carpet clean again especially if the damage is severe.
• If the carpet cleaning agents said that the carpet needs to be replaced, make sure that nothing will help.
• Rent a steam cleaner and use it. Steam cleaners are effective against water stains.
• Use Ammonia and hot water within the steam cleaner. This combination as a steam carpet cleaner is so effective.
• If nothing worked, buy a commercial carpet cleaner from the store and use it. Search for the most perfect commercial carpet cleaner that will get your carpet clean. Search also for a guide to use it properly.
Always Preferred Restoration