One of the most terrifying disasters is fire damage. Humans are afraid of the damages that the flames can make since the discovery of it. In our modern age, fire damages can lead to terrible losses. That is why we created the fire damage restoration services. These services are responsible for getting everything back as it was before the damage.
As any service, there is a lot of information that you need to be aware of before hiring a fire damage restoration service. Not all the information that you will discover will be true. Any industry or service has a lot of myths that you should not believe so let’s discover the most common myths regarding fire damages that you should not either believe not spread.
1. Smoke detectors are enough protection:
Smoke detectors are essential to protect your place against fire damage but it is not the only item that you should have. There are three items that work together; smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
• Smoke detectors should have well charged batteries all the time and should be properly installed to be a part of the system. If you depend on the smoke detector only and something goes wrong with the installment, the disaster can occur.
• Fire extinguishers can save the situation if it gets more complicated. Put it in an easy to reach place for everyone. Many accidents didn’t turn into disasters because of fire extinguishers. It is an inexpensive essential item.
• The sprinkler system will be the third part of your fire system to make sure that your place is completely safe.
2. Sprinklers cause more damage than the fire:
That is obviously a silly myth. Sprinkler systems have the following advantages.
• The sprinkler system can spread from 8 gallons of water to 24 gallons per minute. This means that it can control the whole fire by itself.
• Statically, flames that happen in places that have sprinkler system cause less destruction than flames that emerge in place with no sprinkler system. These are the insurance company’s statics so they are totally true.
• Even if the fire is uncontrollable, the sprinkler system will make survival easier.
Install a sprinkler and gain peace of mind. You can even make that homeowner insurance company pays for its installment.
3. Electrical faults are the common causes of fire:
This is a very common myth. I know that we fear electrical malfunctions a lot and yes, they can cause terrible damages but they are number one cause of fires. Heating is in the first cause worldwide. Cooking is the second cause of all over the world. Electrical faults come in the third place causing about 6% of the fire damages in the whole world.
Cleaning is an essential service in our world. It is one of the growing businesses despite that fact that most industries are still suffering from the financial crisis. It kept growing over the previous years at a good rate comparing to other industries and continues this growth until 2017. Trends affect the industries even if they are small. Let’s see the top trends regarding cleaning services.
1. Performance of cleaning products:
The high quality and fast services are the top trends these days. The performance of products is essential in the industry. The following points are the features of the perfect products.
• They should be time-consuming. The task should be done quickly and with very high quality.
• Some companies use the latest technological updates to increase the performance of their cleaning products.
• Some companies use natural products to make their chemicals ecofriendly.
• The good product makes itself a brand. The reputable brands are mostly the best products in the market.
• The cost of the products should vary. While some users may prefer the expensive products, others need the cheap products too. Of course the performance will be different but the good company should offer a minimum quality for all its products.
The following statics regarding the cleaning services will show you the growth of the industry.
• Studies show that the cleaning industry is expected to grow at 4.3 between 2015 and 2020. The growth rate from 2010 to 2014 was 2.7.
• There are more than 800,000 cleaning agencies in the United States only.
• The services can be divided into smaller sectors. Standard commercial services are the most common type of services with more than 75% of the industry. The residential services are about 7% of the whole industry. The damage restoration services like water damage restoration services and fire damage restoration services are about 5% of the whole industry. Other various services are about 10% of the market.
• Studies show that the number of agencies is expected to increase by 1.8% every year.
3. Environment and health issues:
This industry is kind of harmful to our environment and health due to several reasons.
• The production process of products, the manufacture process and the disposal process affect our environment badly especially on our energy consumption and water consumption. The companies are searching for alternative ways to lower the bad effects.
• The eco-friendly products are the upcoming trend in the industry especially in Europe. Most of the European countries have put strict legalisation to limit the environmental and health damages resulting from the whole process.
• The health issues are a serious problem. Many chemical are proved to be dangerous to our health especially our kids. A lot of toxic substances are used in the products that cause skin and respiratory problems. The health standards are also a trend in the industry.
If you are an owner of a company, you may think of hiring a janitorial services agency as extra money that you can save and spend on something else. Let me tell you that you are wrong. Your company needs to look professional and the cleaning service is just what makes companies look professional.
If you are not convinced yet, look at the quality of services provided to you by a janitorial services agency and the quality of services provided to you by a cleaner. You will find a huge difference between both of them so now imagine how this may influence the decisions of your clients. They will look at the quality of the janitorial services agency and say “this company is really professional”. There are more benefits of hiring a janitorial services agency; let’s discover them.
1. The quality of the services:
You can guarantee the quality of the services through two ways.
• These agencies spend a lot of time and money to train their people professionally. They have standards regarding the level of cleanliness they offer and they do their best to maintain it. The health and hygiene standards will be completely maintained.
• They will send their professional team immediately and if you have a long term contract with the agency, they will send their teams regularly so you now can forget about all the cleaning problems. Also if you need your company to be cleaned immediately in case of emergency like a high profile client is going to visit, they can send you a team immediately.
2. Focus on the business:
When you hire a janitorial services agency to handle the cleaning process of your company, the quality of work of your company will be better due to three reasons.
• As a business owner, you will forget about the cleaning problem and focus on how to run your business properly.
• Your employees will not be distracted by the whole cleaning process. The janitorial services agents are professional enough and highly trained to work in silence and as fast as they could. They know that a slight mistake that may be made by an employee may cause a major problem.
• The cleaner can do the job he/she is hired for. You didn’t hire him/her because of his/her cleaning skills so he/she can get back to their jobs now and focus on it.
3. Save your money and your environment:
How can you save money and save your environment by hiring a janitorial services agency?
• Save your money by hiring professionals to keep your place look great instead of spending your money on equipment, uniforms and employees who don’t have experience. You will pay the agency but you will make your company look great for clients who will pay you money. It is a win-win situation.
• Save your environment by hiring an ecofriendly agency that use certified ecofriendly products and machines to clean your place.
One of the most effective ways to clean your carpet properly is to use a steam cleaner. Steam cleaning will get your carpet as clean as if you just bought it but in order to get these great results, you need to know how to use the steam cleaner properly. Basically you will need a steam cleaner machine, water and carpet shampooer. So now let’s find out the steps of how to use the steam cleaner properly.
1. Prepare the area you are going to clean:
To be able to use the steam cleaner machine well, you need to remove everything from the area that you are about to clean; remove any piece of furniture and here are some tips for the different situations regarding removing the furniture.
• Put wood blocks or plastic film under the legs of heavy furniture if you can’t move them not to be affected badly by the water and the carpet shampooer.
• If you don’t have space where you can move the furniture, move it to the half of the room them clean the empty half then move the furniture to the area that you cleaned and clean the other half. Be careful and don’t let the water or the carpet shampooer touch the furniture.
• Clean the room well from the dust. Clean the ceiling fans and corners too.
2. Prepare the steam cleaner:
Follow the following steps to fill it.
• Despite the fact that most steam cleaners can heat the water on its own, using the hot water to fill the machine is better.
• Fill the machine with the suitable carpet shampooer.
• Some machines have different compartments for the water and the carpet shampooer and the others just mix the water and the carpet shampooer together.
• Add an extra chemical like vinegar for the best results.
3. The process of steam cleaning:
Now let’s find out how to clean your carpet properly.
• Begin the cleaning process from a corner of the carpet. It is better if you start from the corner at the entrance. Move according to the type of the cleaner.
• The instructions of how to use the steam cleaner are extremely important as the mechanism of cleaning is different according to the type of the steam cleaner.
• Don’t walk over the areas that you have cleaned.
• The best way to clean well is to follow the long lines technique. Clean from wall to wall in a long line and then start a new line with slight overlapping over the old line to make sure that all the carpet will be cleaned.
Water damage is serious. It is not only about the fact that it is disastrous and will destroy nearly everything but also that it will take a long time before everything gets back like it was before the damage. There are a lot of myths regarding water damage that may slow the process of getting your properties back as it was. The following myths are so common and you should not believe them.
1. Myths regarding insurance:
There are two myths regarding insurance policies and water damages.
• The first myth is that you must call your insurance company first thing after the disaster and arrange the situation. The first thing that you need to take care of immediately after the disaster is to remove the standing water then call a restoration services agency. This way you will prevent any secondary damages that may occur like mold.
• The second myth is that your insurance company will cover any type of water damages. Your insurance company will only cover damages that happen suddenly not including floods and any damages that are proved to be because you didn’t take care of a long-term problem like leakage problems.
2. You don’t need a professional restoration services agency:
Many people think that they can handle the situation by themselves and eliminate the water from their place completely. This is a myth and will cause terrible secondary damages. The restoration services agents know how to deals with certain problems.
• The water damage restoration services will be able to reach water in cracks and remove it completely. This water will lead to mold production if it is not removed properly.
• If there is any mold, the restoration services will discover and remove it completely.
• The insurance company will need reports from professionals to estimate the amount of money that the company will pay. The restoration services agents work along with the insurance agents.
3. Once the water is removed, the mission is completed:
This is a myth. The water damage may show its complications after several weeks or months. Things like unstable flooring and discoloration of painting don’t appear immediately. They will show bigger problems regarding the structure of your property. Hiring a restoration services agency will help you in assessing the structural situation properly.
4. Renting the equipment that professionals use will solve the problem:
This is a common myth. Renting the equipment will make you clean your place but you still need professional help to reach the places that you will not able to reach, avoid your secondary damages and help you with the insurance policy. In our modern age, we love specialties. We created this restoration services to buy peace of mind that whatever the extent of damages, we have professionals that will handle everything.
If you are looking for the best upholstery and carpet cleaning machines, this guide will help you. It is essential now to have a cleaning machine instead of kneeling to get your carpet clean for several hours. The machine works faster, easier and more efficient. There are many features that should be considered when you are about to choose your cleaning machine. This guide will tell you the best cleaning machines to choose the most suitable one for you.
1. SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge:
This carpet cleaner machine has great features. The following features make it very special.
• In order to control the areas of heavy traffic, the machine is provided with extra detergent through the fingertip control.
• It has a dual tank system. One tank is for the dirty water and the other tank is for the cleaning solution.
• The brush roll system has three speeds. This enables you to have control over the high traffic areas.
• The motor is so powerful. This will enable you to get your floor clean completely.
• In order to dry your floor and carpet rapidly, there is a hot air blowing system.
2. Bissell Power Lifter Power Brush Upright Deep Cleaner:
This carpet cleaner machine has great features. The following features make it.
• It has rotating brush system. It will enable you to scrub and lift dirt and stains.
• It has dual tank system.
It has many great features but it has no additional attachments. It is effective though.
3. Bissell Big Green Professional Grade Deep Cleaner:
This cleaner is giant with many great customer reviews. It has the following advantages.
• Its brush system is so powerful so it will be able to clean any amount of dirt. It is mostly obtained by people who have pets as it can get the pet’s hair out of the upholstery and the carpets.
• It cleans in the two directions; backwards and forwards. This will make the cleaning time less than usual.
• It has a long hose to enable you to reach difficult places.
• It has an indicator to tell you that you need to empty and refill the tanks of the cleaner.
The previous features are great but it is actually heavy and not affordable so it is considered not the first option for many customers.
The previous carpet and upholstery cleaning machines have the greatest customer reviews and are highly recommended by professional cleaning companies.
Always Preferred Restoration here in Missoula offers this guide to its customers to guide them through a fire damage disaster. They are among the worst nightmares that people may suffer from. I know that it is hard but let’s imagine that your place is on fire. There are many priorities here such as the safety of the people. We wish that the disaster does not happen at all but you should accept the fact that fire damages happen and we should always be prepared. We provide this guide to help you to find a way out during the mess caused by the these damages so let’s see what should be done.
1. The Suitable Time to Enter Your Home Again:
The professionals that you will hire to restore your place will give you the proper timing to return to your place again with your family. They will keep you updated with essential information you may need such as the following.
• The severity of the fire damage.
• They will determine the safety zone around your place.
• They will tell you an initial price for the repairs that may reduce of increase according to the repairs that will be done.
They will not let you in until the house is completely secured.
2. Important Phone Calls:
The following phone calls should be done after the fire damage.
• Call your family members and tell them about the accident. It is a difficult situation and you and your family need support to get through it.
• Call your insurance company immediately and ask them to send an expert to document the damages and make a report about it. Once you make sure that your family is safe, make this phone call even before asking for help from a professional fire damage restoration service such as Always Preferred Restoration. The professionals that you will hire will ask you for your insurance details and make sure you contact them. They will also document the ruined parts of your property and work along with your insurance company.
3. The Fire Damage Report:
The report that will be written about the incident should include the following information.
• The structure of the house.
• The areas involved in the damage.
• When the fire took place.
• How the progress of the incident was.
Keep the number of the report to be able to ask the insurance company for money.
You definitely will use a carpet cleaner; that is inevitable. The thing is not all carpet cleaners can be used when you have pets and kids. There are many health effects on kids and pets that result from cleaners which are not customized for them. Allergies mostly are the most common health effects that affect the pets and the kids so you need to make sure that the carpet cleaner that you are about to use is totally safe. The following guide will tell you more information.
1. Don’t Use Harmful Chemicals:
When you hire a professional carpet cleaning services, you can tell them not to use harmful chemicals. The following list of chemicals is considered harmful.
• Sodium carbonate.
• Sodium bisulfate.
• Sodium hydroxide.
• Glycol ethers.
2. Alternative Chemicals:
The professional carpet cleaning agencies use some alternatives to the toxic substances. Whether you will hire professional carpet cleaning agency or you will clean it by yourself, you need to consider these substances instead of the toxic previous list.
• Baking Soda.
• Club Soda.
• White Wine.
• Hydrogen Peroxide.
• Carbonated Water.
• Isopropyl Alcohol.
These previous alternatives are considered effective and non-toxic. You will be able to make carpet cleaning solutions easily by knowing how to use these substances as ingredients. Some professional carpet cleaning agencies even use these homemade carpet cleaning solutions; they are considered the best in the industry.
3. Finding a Safe Carpet Cleaning Agency That Use Safe Chemicals:
How to find out whether the carpet cleaning agency that you are about to hire is good or bad?
• Check the online reviews of the agency’s previous customers. Check out what people say about the chemicals used in the cleaning process. If the chemicals the agency use are safe, handle them your carpet. If you found out a review that says that a kid or a pet got sick, just keep searching.
• go to the agency and make sure that they will use safe carpet cleaners. The best agencies will show you their chemicals without hesitation.
• You need to research well to know the harmful chemicals and the safe chemicals. We mentioned some above but these are not the complete list so make sure to know all the information before handling your carpet to the cleaning agent.
This guide is provided to you by Always Preferred Restoration to guarantee that you will find the best chemicals for your condition.
Every business has its unique myths; the same can be applied regarding janitorial services too; that is why this guide is important if you are about to start your janitorial services business. People make myths look like facts and the ones who are about to start their janitorial companies always make high expectations according to these myths. The following points will include the most common myths regarding janitorial services so if you are about to start your business, read them well.
1. Ammonia and Bleach Are the Best Cleaners:
This is not true.
• Ammonia is a good cleaner but making it one of the best cleaners is a mistake; it is just a good cleaner that has many health problems associated to it such as skin rashes, respiratory diseases, allergies, in addition to its offensive odor.
• Let’s make it cleaner and say that bleach is not a cleaner. If you used bleach as cleaning product, you will discover that it is useless. It just kills bacteria and harmful organisms. It is also harmful to us; it won’t kill us of course but it can be toxic.
2. The Usage of More Chemicals is great:
That is another myth created by cleaning products companies and markets to sell more and more. Using more chemicals can be harmful to whatever you are cleaning such as upholstery and carpets. Also the usage of more chemicals will leave some of it with the carpet which will collect more dirt within the carpet or the upholstery which will make them dirty again.
3. Cleaning Services are Similar:
That is considered one of the most common myths among both customers and people who are about to start their janitorial services businesses. There are many different between cleaning services such as the following points.
• The equipment used by each agency is different. Some businesses use eco-friendly product while others use old cleaning methods. The best are who stay updated with the latest technological features in addition to keeping using effective methods.
• The skills of the staff differ.
• The experience level differs from an agency to another. More experience means higher quality of the services.
• The best companies are which have trained employers. The training courses differ. Some companies focus on the skills, other focus on the speed of the services. Some agencies provide its staff with training courses in public health.
The following tips are provided by water damage restoration companies to help people deal with emergency cases when they face them. I now that the situation is so complicated but you need to calm down to be able to remember all these tips and apply them perfectly. This will help you to decrease the water damage and have control over the situation until you call for a professional help.
1. How to Deal with Electricity:
You will be able to deal with electricity by several ways.
• You need to turn the electricity off as soon as possible; that is the most important thing to do. It is better to turn it off the whole building not only the affected place as water is a good conductor of electricity. The electrocution possibility is too high so you need to keep your family safe first then the damage will be repaired later.
• Any device that has been wet should be replaced after repairing the damage. The devices at the place of the damage should be replaced even if they look dry because sometimes they may have drops of water inside them.
2. Take Pictures of The Damages:
Yes, it is a proper timing to take some pictures of the damages. These pictures will document the damages for your insurance company. Don’t make any kind of repairs or removing any water until you fully document the incident. The insurance coverage will decrease if you didn’t document the damages properly. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to save a lot of money.
3. Start Removing Water:
After the two previous steps; turning the electricity off and documentation of everything, start removing the standing water. You need to estimate the amount of water first.
• If the amount is small, use buckets to remove the water.
• If the amount is huge, rent a pump to suck the water out of your place.
4. Get Rid of Your Damaged Belongings:
After removing the standing water, start categorizing the wet things into two categories.
• Items that you can use after drying them out.
• Items that you will not be able to use even if you dried them out. These should be thrown away along with organic materials.
5. Check the Integrity of the House:
Now, evaluate the damages. Write notes and take more pictures. Check on everything after the repairing process and make sure everything is accounted for in your home.
Always Preferred Restoration