One of the most terrifying disasters is fire damage. Humans are afraid of the damages that the flames can make since the discovery of it. In our modern age, fire damages can lead to terrible losses. That is why we created the fire damage restoration services. These services are responsible for getting everything back as it was before the damage.
As any service, there is a lot of information that you need to be aware of before hiring a fire damage restoration service. Not all the information that you will discover will be true. Any industry or service has a lot of myths that you should not believe so let’s discover the most common myths regarding fire damages that you should not either believe not spread.
1. Smoke detectors are enough protection:
Smoke detectors are essential to protect your place against fire damage but it is not the only item that you should have. There are three items that work together; smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
• Smoke detectors should have well charged batteries all the time and should be properly installed to be a part of the system. If you depend on the smoke detector only and something goes wrong with the installment, the disaster can occur.
• Fire extinguishers can save the situation if it gets more complicated. Put it in an easy to reach place for everyone. Many accidents didn’t turn into disasters because of fire extinguishers. It is an inexpensive essential item.
• The sprinkler system will be the third part of your fire system to make sure that your place is completely safe.
2. Sprinklers cause more damage than the fire:
That is obviously a silly myth. Sprinkler systems have the following advantages.
• The sprinkler system can spread from 8 gallons of water to 24 gallons per minute. This means that it can control the whole fire by itself.
• Statically, flames that happen in places that have sprinkler system cause less destruction than flames that emerge in place with no sprinkler system. These are the insurance company’s statics so they are totally true.
• Even if the fire is uncontrollable, the sprinkler system will make survival easier.
Install a sprinkler and gain peace of mind. You can even make that homeowner insurance company pays for its installment.
3. Electrical faults are the common causes of fire:
This is a very common myth. I know that we fear electrical malfunctions a lot and yes, they can cause terrible damages but they are number one cause of fires. Heating is in the first cause worldwide. Cooking is the second cause of all over the world. Electrical faults come in the third place causing about 6% of the fire damages in the whole world.
Always Preferred Restoration