Choosing the right carpet cleaner to clean wine spots is always a problem. There are certain spots that you don’t know how to deal with them without a guide to tell you the best carpet cleaner to use and the best methods to apply; wine spots are among them. The following tips will tell you the best ways to easily remove the wine spots easily with normal ingredients.
1. The Basic Steps:
• You need to immediately blot up the spilled wine as the longer it in your carpet, the harder it will be to remove. Once you notice the spots, act fast; grab a paper towel and blot the stain. Pick up as much wine as possible.
• Up-and-down blotting motion is the best to use as side-to-side rubbing is not that effective.
• Rubbing will sit some of the wine in the carpet making it harder to be removed. It will also make the wine spot larger so moving from outside to the center prevent the spot from getting larger.
• Apply cold water on the spot and keep blotting.
• When it is difficult to blot anymore, keep diluting the wine with cold water to make it easier to be removed.
2. The Usage of Salt:
The following steps will show you how to use salt as a carpet cleaner.
• While the stain is wet, pour salt over it while it's still wet. If you did a good dabbing job, you will take almost all the wine out of the carpet, but of course not the whole spot.
• After the first step, there will be some of the wine in the carpet that you can remove by covering the stain with a generous portion of salt.
• The salt granules work by drawing the moisture that you made in the stain out of the carpet. It may take hours.
• So the salt works by drawing the moisture of the stain, It does not work well for dried stains so you need to keep the stain wet before removing it out of the carpet.
3. The Usage of Vinegar Solution:
Follow the following steps to use vinegar solution as a carpet cleaner.
• Make the cleaning solution using a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of dishwashing liquid, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 2 cups (236 milliliters) of warm water. Combine them together and you will have your solution.
• The vinegar used should be white vinegar as the other types like apple cider or balsamic vinegar can cause more stains.
• The stain should be wetted by the solution in order to loosen the stain.
• Repeat these steps until the carpet is clean.
• The stain should be wetted by cold water. It is a process of diluting then getting the wine out of the carpet until you remove it completely.
Always Preferred Restoration