Carpet cleaning can be so easy if you know exactly what to do regarding different situations. Things like the best carpet cleaner for certain stains, how to make a homemade carpet cleaner, how to find the best carpet cleaning agency and the secrets of carpet cleaning need a guide to help the non-professional people who face such problems and want to clean their carpets without paying a lot of money.
This guide will teach you how to deal with one of the most annoying problems which is fleas. When fleas invade carpets, it is so hard to get them out just by regular cleaning so let’s see how to get rid of them professionally.
1. Getting rid of fleas chemically:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet out of fleas chemically:
• Use an eco-friendly, pet-safe insecticide as a carpet cleaner. Apply it to a certain area of your carpet or a carpet in a certain room. Wait until it dries out totally then vacuum your carpet. You will have to vacuum daily up to a week or may be two maximum according to the condition of the carpet.
• Don’t let your pets or kids in the room or the area you are cleaning especially if they are allergic to insecticides. You may suffer from dramatic consequences if you did that.
• Use salt or borax and apply it all over the carpet especially where your pet loves to sit, under sofas and furniture and near the door. Leave it for up to 48 hours before vacuuming. Also make sure your kids and pets stay out of the area you are cleaning.
2. Using Diatomaceous Earth for carpet cleaning purposes:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet using Diatomaceous Earth as a carpet cleaner:
• Make sure to use food grade Diatomaceous Earth because there is a type for the swimming pools and it is not suitable as a carpet cleaner.
• The type we use in the swimming pools is toxic while the type for carpet cleaning is safe so if your pet or kid digested it by mistake, nothing bad will happen.
• Spread the diatomaceous earth all over the carpet. It will clean it up perfectly as it kills fleas effectively.
• Vacuum all your carpet.
• Use it to clean the place of your pet’s place too. Usually the pet’s place is where fleas come from so killing them there will be elimination to the source of fleas.
• Give your pet a path before letting it sleep at its place again.
3. The regular carpet cleaning method:
Follow the following steps to clean your carpet regularly:
• It is better to use a nozzle instead of just vacuuming the carpet.
• The duration of vacuuming differs according to how heavy the infestation is. The heaviest infestation requires up to two weeks of daily vacuuming.
• Vacuum the same places as previous and make sure to reach corners and baseboards.
• Throw the vacuum cleaner bag outside your home and make sure to tie it well.
• Clean your carpet and furniture using a steam cleaner. It will kill any remnants of the fleas within the carpet.
• Make sure to clean your pet’s bedding using the best and safest carpet cleaner.
Always Preferred Restoration