When you start your janitorial services agency, you may not specialize in a certain aspect of cleaning but you can also specialize in a certain aspect; we are about to discuss housecleaning. You have to register your housecleaning business in order to be able to get a business license and an insurance bond. Housecleaning services as part of janitorial services don't need to be licensed and bonded except when they make business with the local government or major corporations. So the license and the bond are not really necessary yet having them gives you many advantages when marketing for new customers. These potential customers will trust you more when they know that your janitorial services business took more steps to protect their belongings.
Here are the steps you should follow.
1. The Housecleaning license:
The following points will tell you all the information that you need to know.
• You don’t need to have a specific license to be a house cleaner; this business is not like working in some kind of regulated trades like being an electrician or something. The license refers to registration of the business entity with the state laws; that what will allow you to start your business legally so it is called a business license.
• Most of the house cleaning services don’t need any other special licenses or permits to do their daily tasks.
• If your business regularly deals with cleaning product disposal, you should obtain a permit from the council of the city especially services like mobile power washing and exterior cosmetic cleaning specialties. The agents of these specialties are protected and regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. The Business License:
The following points will tell you everything you need to know.
• Business licenses are required if you register your business with the state.
• A solo housecleaning business could be registered with the county clerk under the name sole proprietor, "doing business as" the company name.
• The DBA allows you to advertise and operate as the business name but it will also follow your personal tax identification number in order to monitor all your tax purposes.
• Separation between your business and your personal assets is the better and will reduce liability.
• If your company faces a lawsuit, your business assets and personal assets will not be considered interchangeable so register for a limited liability company or corporation and it is better if you did that through the state secretary.
• You will have a file for a federal employer identification number after registration.
3. The Business Bond:
This is something offered by insurance and bond companies that you should call your insurance agent to understand it well if you don’t know where to begin. It is not like traditional insurance policies but it is kind of necessary for janitorial services. If something happened to your janitorial services business, the company will pay for the losses while you move forward. It is not as expensive as the regular insurance policies but of course it does not pay as much as the insurance policy.
Always Preferred Restoration