How to start a janitorial services company
How the top janitorial services companies become the best? Of course the owners of these companies asked themselves the same questions you are asking yourself if you are thinking about opening a janitorial services company too. Let’s see the main points that you need to consider before starting your janitorial services company.
1. Legalise your company:
There are a lot of points to consider here like:
- Choose the company’s legal name. It will be the name you will use in your contracts. Try to choose a catchy name indicates the services you offer.
- Register your company. This will allow you to open the company’s bank account.
- Register your taxes.
2. Start building up your company:
At first, you have to do everything on your own. You will build up the departments, interview the applicants and hire employees. Of course the cleaning team is the most important. Choose the most qualified persons and train those who need more skills.
3. Specialize your company:
There are two types of janitorial services; residential cleaning and commercial cleaning. Determining a type will help you focus on a certain type of customers. When your company expands, you can focus on the other type too.
4. Determine your prices:
Ask about the prices of different services. Determine the price of every service according to the effort that will be made. Consider the prices of the competing companies while determining your prices. You are new to business and need to build your reputation so make your price low at first till you prove you are the best.
5. Be professional:
There are several points that can make you look so professional:
- Make professional business cards.
- Make fliers and booklets about your company and your work.
- Make a website and start a social media campaign.
6. The equipment used by the cleaning team:
It differs according to the type of the company.
- Commercial jobs need your cleaning team to get everything they may use.
- The house owners may tell you that they have the equipment and just need the team.
Customers like it when you are available at any time. They may have a sudden life event and need immediate action. Having teams help you to stay available for many customers. That way you may have customers that put their trust in you to get their homes and companies looking nice before big events. And that means you are building a good reputation which means more and more customers.
The homeowners and the company employees want the cleaning process to end as fast as your team can. The homeowners want to rest at their clean houses and the employees want to focus on their work. Set a deadline, stick to it and do your best to finish the job before it.
Starting a new janitorial services business is easy; the challenge is to keep determined till your company is one of the best. When you succeed at your first job, don’t settle and keep up the good work.
We offer other services, including fire damage and water damage restoration. Give us a call.